So Energy was created in 2015 because we knew energy suppliers could be better. Since then, we’re grown rapidly but sustainably, with 300,000+ customers and over 300 So Energists. But, we’re not done. We’re on the road to a million customers by the end of 2026 and, thanks to our recent merger with ESB Energy, we’re well on the way. We’re tech first, we’re customer-centric and we’re passionate about sustainability.
We want to do the best we can for our customers and for each other, so we’ve created a workplace that is encouraging, supportive and offers the opportunity for growth. As a company, we live by six core values that guide everything we do:
As a Sales Executive at So Energy, you will possess a strong drive to deliver an excellent customer outcome whilst balancing commercial needs. This will be a customer facing role, so it’s important you are comfortable with conflict resolution and managing customer escalations.
You will be responsible for the successful installation of our solar and battery proposition to our customers. This involves interpreting survey data, creating a final quote, and doing everything you can to ensure a smooth install, so having proven experience designing and managing the installation of Solar PV, inverters and batteries in domestic customer properties will really enable your success in this role.
- An understanding of renewable energy systems including Solar PV and Battery storage
- Proven experience designing and managing the installation of Solar PV, inverters and batteries in domestic customer properties
- Experience taking survey data / photos and developing final solar designs for customers including schematics, string designs, ballast calculations and shading analysis.
- Experience ensuring all appropriate elements of the install are located in appropriate places (i.e. battery and inverter) and relevant cost elements included within an install are catered for
- You’ll be customer-obsessed and ensure you deliver a great customer experience every time
- The ability to work under pressure whilst removing non-essential obstacles which would prevent success
- The ability to deal with ambiguity and solving problems on the fly
- Outstanding organisational skills
- IT literate
- Excellent project management and organisational skills
- To deliver world class customer service maintaining the highest level of quality
- Creating final designs and quotes
- Responsible for creating Installation briefs for our installer network detailing the requirements of the installation and identifying/raising any issues or unusual circumstances to our installers
- Creating scaffolding briefs to ensure appropriate scaffolding is erected prior to installation
- Create relevant applications to the Distribution Network Operator including relevant single line wiring diagrams pertaining to the specific install
- Responsible for ensuring the appropriate kit is ordered on a per job basis
- Providing excellent technical advice, you will respond to queries via phone and email, whilst making follow-up calls after sending quotations
- Own and resolve queries from internal and external customers and 3rd parties
- Operate in a manner compliant with the end-to-end customer journey, associated processes and MCS requirements
- Work within the team to meet individual and joint sales targets
- Responsible for pricing accuracy, margin protection and ensuring installs are delivered ‘right first time’
- Organised use of CRM platforms to drive business
- Proactive support/ management of onsite issues, including kit deliveries and technical issues
- Basic salary: £27,878
- OTE £37,000 - £42,000
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, and an extra day holiday for your birthday
- Personal Learning & Development Budget
- Hybrid Remote Working
- Last Friday of each month nibbles and drinks in the office
- Great reward and recognition
- Join a unique culture that embraces people's ideals and fosters collaboration across the business
- Use of the Hastee platform to access some of your pay in a pinch
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity leave
- Access to Perkbox+ including the Wellness Hub and Salary Sacrifice Tech Purchase scheme
- Life assurance 4x base salary
At So Energy, our employees are just as important to us as our customers. We will provide training and support your development throughout your career.
So Energy cares about helping the energy industry become a much more diverse and inclusive environment and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and building an inclusive environment for all. As an equal opportunity employer, there are also several steps we take to accommodate candidates and employees with disabilities including additional time on tests during the interview process and specialist equipment for those employees that require it.
If you are interested in finding out more please apply, make sure to complete all the questions to the best of your ability and attached an up-to-date version of your CV.