Baxendale is a specialist management consultancy that exists to help organisations thrive in the face of complex challenges. Working across the health, care and public sectors we support clients to reimagine, transform and grow their organisations in a way that delivers positive health and wellbeing outcomes. We’ve helped our clients win £3 billion in contracts and raise over £50 million in investment.
We are employee owned and a certified B Corp, demonstrating our commitment to use business as a force for good. Our emphasis on our people has resulted in ranking in the top 10% of B Corps for workers worldwide for the last three years. Our commitment to our clients has resulted in being named in the Financial Timesbest consultancies ratings.
When it comes to bidding we work with organisations to retain their core contracts and expand into new areas, specialising in the fields of health and social care.
We are looking for excellent candidates with a generalist management consulting skillset to join our associate pool for non-permanent, project based work.
As an Associate in our business you will be primarily tasked with hands on delivery with our clients, and helping to drive our ambitious growth strategy. Your work with our clients will focus around some or all of the following services:
- Service modelling to assist health and care providers transform services and/or secure new contracts
- Developing organisational wide transformation strategies including establishing effective PMOs, governance and benefits realisation
- Developing long-term growth strategies and working on commercial opportunities to help clients grow, via new services, acquisitions or winning new contracts;
- Strategic estates work that ensures space utilisation is efficient, results driven and people first
- Organisational and partnership development to ensure organisations and increasingly partnerships have the shared vision, goals, structures, processes and cultures to maximise their effectiveness
- Building business and investment cases (including financial models and business cases)
- Developing client-specific organisational strategies and measurement frameworks to capture social value and develop organisations
Specific skills and experience include we are looking for may include:
- Experience in the health, social care and wellbeing sectors
- Client delivery including senior client management
- Project management
- Change / Transformation management
- Service design
- Bid writing
- Business case creation
- Analytical and modelling skills (financial and service) including first rate excel skills
- Stakeholder engagement and wider communications
- Individual presentational skills, including impeccable writing skills
We are looking for Associates at different levels of skill and experience – from Manager to Director level of seniority. At a minimum, you will have 5 years of experience in a relevant field. You may currently be working for a more traditional professional services firm looking for a different kind of career experience. Or perhaps you are already using your commercial skills with the kinds of organisations and individuals we work with.
LOCATION UK based remote working with the ability to travel to London and clients regularly for meetings.
DAY RATE £350 - £550, depending on experience.
RECRUITMENT PROCESS AND HOW TO APPLY
- We accept applications for this position on a rolling basis.
- Please email your application to email@example.com, letting us know where you heard about the role. Please include an up-to-date CV (max 2 pages) and a covering letter (max 1 page) demonstrating your understanding of Baxendale’s mission, what attracts you to this role, and how experience fits the job description and person specification.
Applicants should be currently eligible to work in the UK.