At Beam, you get to do work that really matters. We’re solving the world’s toughest social problems. And we’re growing fast 🚀
It’s not easy. Nothing worth doing ever is. But we take care of everyone who works here with everything from coaching to personal budgets and pay highly competitively.
You’ll be joining a company that’s having a huge impact on people’s lives with a culture where you can be yourself, have fun and progress rapidly.
About the role
We’re looking for a Market Launch Lead to join our Partnerships team and help us take some crucial steps on our critically important mission to create equality of opportunity globally.
This role will require international travel and reports to Beam cofounder and COO, Seb Barker. If you're a highly ambitious and experienced operator with strong social values and a spirit of adventure, read on!
- Analysing new non-UK markets from across the globe for Beam to launch in
- Identifying detailed, concrete steps to launch Beam in a new market, from meeting with key stakeholders to complying with relevant regulation
- Driving new public and private sector partnerships the entire lifecycle from your idea to closure
- Using the full tech founder toolkit to operationalise a new market: building a team, managing partnerships, localising product and more
- Entrepreneurial, perhaps a former founder, and high-energy, you have a strong bias for action and are one of the most persistent people you know
- Happy working in teams but have significant intrinsic motivation and can drive forward on your own when needed
- Excited to play a key role in using tech and social entrepreneurship to create positive change at scale
- Highly adaptable and keen to bring your true, open self to work
- 5-10 years experience in highly-regarded, high-growth tech companies or as a founder of your own startup(s)
- Strategy experience in a high-growth tech company or top tier strategy consultancy
- Track record of impact, taking ambitious projects and product / market launches from zero to one
- Advanced Excel and Powerpoint and strong presentation skills
We’re a team of over 50 working from our beautiful coworking space in Moorgate and from home. We’ve picked up an armful of awards for our work (including one from the Queen!) and we’re one of the 10 hottest startups in London, according to WIRED magazine. We’re also proud to be rated a top company to work for Escape the City, Tempo and The Dots.
We’re committed to hiring diversely and inclusively. You don’t need a degree to work here and we love to hear from ethnic minority candidates and/or those who’ve experienced social disadvantage. 63% of people we support are from ethnic minority backgrounds and 17% have disabilities. We believe we serve these people best when we’re a diverse and inclusive team.
- Salary of £60,000-£110,000
- Generous EMI-qualifying share options
- Annual company retreat
- New laptop – choose between a MacBook Air or PC
- £500 personal development budget
- Regular team talks from leading UK tech entrepreneurs
- Hundreds of perks, discounts and freebies from Perkbox
- Free subscription to Calm meditation app
- Discounted bike and accessories with Cyclescheme
- Unlimited holiday (minimum 23 days)
- Hybrid working from our Moorgate office or at home
We have a four-stage interview process, giving you plenty of time to learn about Beam while we get to know you.
- 30 minute video call with our Chief of Staff, Rachel Astall
- Timed practical test, giving you a better sense of the role
- Presentation with two senior team members
- Three informal chats with people at Beam
Start your journey to a more impactful career today. We're excited to hear from you.