Senior Consultant, Waste Services Optimisation
Contract: Full time (37.5 hours per week), permanent.
Location: Flexible on UK location. If home based, regular visits to our Bristol office will be required. The role will require regular UK travel.
Salary: £30,000-£47,000 (dependent on experience).
About Resource Futures
A non-profit-distributing environmental consultancy, we work collaboratively with governments, businesses, and the voluntary and community sector to help people use resources sustainably. We are a close-knit company of 45 employees, working together to have a positive impact.
We’re passionate not only about what we do but how we do it, and we’re proud to be a part of the global B Corp movement to use business as a force for good. Employee-owned and independent, we’re all about helping each team member grow, and together striving towards our goal of creating a sustainable world.
We are seeking a passionate and driven individual who will complement our team’s existing experience and skill set, and who also brings their own specialisms – particularly in delivering waste treatment / disposal infrastructure and/or waste procurement related projects in a local authority context. As a senior consultant, you will have significant opportunity to shape this area of Resource Futures’ work as we explore the impact of a changing legislative landscape and continue to grow our positive impact.
We have long term relationships with many of the local authorities we work with and use our best practice knowledge and skills to support fundamental improvements in their waste services. For example, we are currently assisting an authority assessing the requirements of the RWS to develop a new strategic direction of travel for the waste service. For another authority, we are supporting with changes required to waste infrastructure and waste treatment contracts to ensure the service remains fit for purpose in the long term.
If you’d like to discuss whether this role might be suitable for you, please get in touch. We would love to hear from you.
What you will be doing
- Technical leadership: You will be an experienced individual in waste management who enjoys getting into the technical delivery of projects (e.g., providing insightful waste disposal and technical advice to clients, facilitating engaging workshops and presentations, and preparing high-quality written outputs).
- Client relationship management: You will maintain excellent relationships with clients, ensuring they are well informed, engaged in project direction, and receive the value they seek from the work.
- Business development: You will develop and manage proposals for new work. You will be commercially minded and proactively seek new opportunities.
- Project management: You will be a great project manager ensuring projects are delivered to a high quality, on time and on budget. You will be required to manage the team in conducting research and delivering outputs, as well as participating directly in project delivery yourself.
- Strategic planning: You will work closely with the Waste Services Optimisation Lead, to shape the strategic direction of our consultancy work and impact.
- People management: You will be comfortable allocating and managing project teams and subconsultants to deliver desired outcomes. The post may involve line management responsibilities.
We will offer you a generous ethical pension plan (the company will match your contribution up to 7%). We also provide life insurance, an Employee Assistance Programme (including on call GP access), cycle to work scheme, one volunteer day each year, subsidised professional membership, and an opportunity to become a company member. Plus, you will have access to our Consultative Group platform for employee voice. You will be joining a friendly, fun, professional, challenging, and supportive place to work, and a place that is focused on making a positive impact.
How to apply
Resource Futures is striving to be an inclusive employer and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
To apply, please download forms from our website.
If you have any difficulty downloading the forms, please email HR@resourcefutures.co.uk
Application deadline: 9 May 2022, 9.00 am
Interviews: 18 and 19 May 2022, to be held via Microsoft Teams
If you have not heard from us by the date of the interviews, your application has not been successful on this occasion. For any Job Description related queries about this opportunity please contact Laura Snoulton on 07748 654987 or email Laura.Snoulton@resourcefutures.co.uk