We’re Houst, a property management company. Our mission is to make Houst the global home of hosting. We’ve signed up thousands of happy hosts, helping them to make over £115,000,000 in earnings. The business has expanded worldwide – we’re operating in over 20 cities globally, from Auckland to Lisbon, and there’s a lot more to come. We have three types of customers (hosts, guests and cleaners), we built the Houst product for our hosts. From holidaymakers to full-time landlords; host happiness is central to everything we do.
As Houst accelerates its growth coming out of the Pandemic we are looking to build a solid operation in all our geographies that will scale up with our renewed growth. The role of Operations Director will be crucial in managing the delivery of our new hub model and defining the company vision, and determining the OKR’s to hit them.
- Collaborate with our Commercial and Customer Experience teams to determine an effective long term organisation operating model, that embeds efficiency across Houst
- Lead and build a successful management structure within Operations at Houst as we transition to a new model, you will lead a team of managers and have dotted line responsibility for all Operations globally.
- Ensure excellent Host & Guest satisfaction by working with all Heads of dept
- Own P&L and Identify and develop key opportunities for improvement.
- Provide leadership across all operational areas of Houst
- Develop and implement a global Operations strategy to assist our retention and growth strategies for our inventory of stock and available homes in both cities we currently operate in and markets we look to expand to
- Build and implement a sustainable supply chain that delivers on customer and community expectations
- Deliver a best in class Operational model delivering client satisfaction globally
- A member of the Senior Leadership team helping define our overall growth strategy
- 2+ years of leadership experience, 8+ years of operations management in a hyper-growth environment with experience of managing large, diverse teams
- Driven to deliver impact at pace – able to prioritising effectively, making constant, quick iterations in real time to improve the business
- Strong stakeholder management experience with a natural ability to work with internal and external partners and create long lasting partnership relationships with them
- Results orientated with a proven track record of implementing impactful change, hitting targets, driving businesses towards profitability and owning a P&L
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated experience of leading teams that can deliver on guest experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Identify and implement initiatives that drive operational efficiencies
- Must have right to work in the UK