Location: Remote UK based
Preferably North West UK based but will consider applicants from other regions.
Some travel may be required
Contract Type: Part Time role 15 hours per week at £15 per hour (£325 per month across 12 months) , flexible working hours with potential to increase hours as the role expands
Length of contract: 12 month contract with 3 month probationary period (as agreed with individual)
Just Good Work is a free, interactive mobile app, giving job-seekers and workers from the UK or abroad critical information and advice for everything needed on the journey into a new job; from recruitment in their home country or region, to employment and life in a new job, to changing jobs or moving on. It offers accurate and timely information and advice, ranging from employment rights and responsibilities to practical aspects such as weather, culture and housing. The app is designed to be simple and user friendly, interspersed with animated videos to make the information clear and engaging.
Fifty Eight partnered with The Association of Labour Providers to launch the Just Good Work Mobile App for life and work in the UK in September 2020. The app is currently available in 8 languages with 5 more added by the beginning of June 2022. It links users to agencies and services across the UK that can offer help, advice and potentially intervene in situations where individuals may find themselves vulnerable to abuse, exploitation and even modern slavery.
A critical point for Workers in the UK
The mobile app is freely available to workers, labour providers and companies, who are navigating the myriads of challenges post COVID-19 and the changes brought about for workers post Brexit. By disseminating the app among their workforce, employers and labour providers can demonstrate their commitment to responsible recruitment and good employment practice.
The ethos of Just Good Work is to engage directly with individuals and communities in order to provide both trustworthy information and relational support for migrant workers at every stage of their journey.
We are looking to broaden our reach within the Polish, Ukrainian, Albanian, Bulgarian, Gujarati & Romanian speaking worker communities in the UK and deepen our understanding of their needs; identifying potential information and provision gaps that exist in target users understanding and accessing their rights during recruitment and work.
A proficient Polish language speaker who has strong roots in the UK Polish community is required to build and facilitate relationships with migrant workers, faith communities, supporting agencies, government bodies and other key partners. We want to effectively engage with them; presenting them with what Just Good Work UK can offer them, whilst seeking to simultaneously understand their experiences and pinpoint their felt needs around recruitment and employment in the UK, with a view to continually tailor the platform for them. The individual must be conversant with the app and the relevant agencies and services it points user towards
· Building relationship with key regional partners such as CSOs, ILO, faith communities and ethical recruiters & employers
· Where appropriate, delivering presentations, training or workshops to better equip local partners and users on rights and responsibilities around safe migration and support available, introducing Just Good Work as a tool to help enable this
· Building relationship with ethical recruiters and employers with a view to pointing Just Good Work users to safe migration pathways
· Map and keep a database of regional partners in their different categories
· Where possible, participate in the partners activities with a view of mutual support and profiling of the App
Distribution & Reach
· Co-creating context- specific and targeted social media materials to promote the app and keep users updated on key information or developments
· Actively reaching out to Polish communities affected by migration both online and in person, conducting social listening to understand their needs, presenting Just Good Work to them as a tool and gleaning feedback that can help improve the app for the Polish community
· Developing a contextually appropriate marketing/ distribution plan to better reach and distribute the app as a tool for users who can benefit from it
· Reaching out to users or potential users of the app and encouraging them to complete the in- app surveys.
· Relationally gathering qualitative & quantitative data from users/ potential users of the app to find out how the app is currently serving or can better serve their needs
· Communicating to active users and partners of updates arising from their feedback or other experiences.
Skills & Experience: Essential (E), Desirable (D)
- Confident verbal and written communicator (E)
- Fluent/ Native in spoken and written Polish and
Professional Working English (E)
- Strong people skills, with a service-oriented approach (E)
- Good IT proficiency (particularly with Excel, Word, Powerpoint) (E)
- Experienced in using a variety of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp) (E)
- Experienced in creating content, marketing campaigns for a variety of social media platforms (D)
- Proven track record of strong engagement in promoting safe migration and good recruitment/ employment practice (E)
- Experienced in giving presentations and/or delivering workshops/ training (D)
- Some knowledge of other European languages (D)
Attributes and Values
- Friendly personality, keen to interact with people from all walks of life
- Confident in liaising directly with others, in person, via email and telephone
- Highly self- motivated, taking initiative to pursue new opportunities
- Capable of working effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Able to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions
- Ability to generate creative and pragmatic approaches to new challenges and opportunities as they are presented
- High integrity and discretion in all aspects of work and handling sensitive data