More than one third of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, 10% of greenhouse gas emissions coming from food waste!
At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: To inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. We are the world's #1 app for fighting food waste. We work with thousands of restaurants and food retailers to make their surplus food available to local consumers. The magic of Too Good To Go has been expanding rapidly across Europe and now also the US, with over 131 million meals saved across 17 countries to date.
We’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far, but did we mention the issue is huge? We are expanding our team as we speak. And that’s where you come in:
We’re looking for an exceptional Strategy & Operations Consumer Manager to join the Global superstar team at Too Good To Go.
Too Good to Go has successfully grown on the back of a very strong model of allowing retailers to sell surplus food at the end of the day to the 55 million users on the Too Good To Go app. This is amazing, but as “we dream of a planet with no food waste” we need to keep going. Around 30% of all food waste happens before the retail level and now we are embarking on a journey to save this food. For this we need talented, driven, passionate and hungry people.
We have a lot of insights on what we believe we need to build but we still have a lot of researching, testing and building to do. We know the food is out there and needs saving - but we have a lot to learn in how to actually do this.
Reporting into The VP of Manufacturing, the Strategy & Operations Consumer Manager is instrumental in building a scalable model for us to successfully grow our manufacturing model. A start up within a scale up!
- Carry out extensive consumer research on our Too Good To Go app users to help shape concepts for our manufacturing business model. Customer insights, customer feedback, customer analytics and customer segmentation needs to be our day to day north star
- Innovation is key, using the right amount of creativity along with thorough testing methodology is crucial
- Build and iterate on the value proposition towards each customer segment we decide to target
- Decide on which (physical) products we sell and how we present them to the consumer
- Run tests with energy, rigour, creativity and perseverance
- Drive focus based on customer insights
- Communicate progress frequently - highlighting both failures and successes
- Always be measuring! Be clear on your growth metrics and be diligent in analysing what is supporting these and what is not
- Despite your consumer focus, you will work in a small (start-up-like) team where you will engage in discussions and tasks that cater to the entire manufacturing model that we are building together
- Experience with working on the demand-side of e-commerce, preferable with a focus on FMCG
- Experience of Go-to-market strategy for new consumer facing products, as well as having B2C marketing experience would be a huge plus
- Analytical mindset and strong with numbers
- A person who is motivated by building something new from scratch and who understands that this will not be a linear path
- A team player who looks to improve overall team performance - and who thrives in a team of smart individuals
- Ability to work in an ever-changing and dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal, English)
- A person with grit - courage and resolve; strength of character.
- Result focussed: Always eyes focussed on the prize
- Structured and disciplined in way of working and strong ability to plan ahead - and be ahead.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and juggle multiple moving parts simultaneously without getting overwhelmed
- Can create followership, strong at building relations (quickly)
- We fight together: Food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
- We raise the bar: We always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
- We keep it simple: Our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
- We build a legacy: We’re proud of the change we’re driving.
- We care: We always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we have to offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with 1350 enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 17 countries – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
Job Ref: #LI-JH1
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.