FLOWN helps people work better. To get more done and feel good doing it. To achieve states of deep focus and flow, every day.
We do this by offering live and on-demand focus sessions - led by dynamic facilitators - that help our members feel accountable, connected and focused as they work.
And because science tells us that to do our best work sometimes we need to not work, we also offer live and on-demand Recharge sessions, that boost your creativity and well-being at work, such as breathwork and awe walks.
Think of FLOWN as a Twitch for work: a type of group accountability for your brain. And it works: our members attend on average 4 focus sessions per week, and many of our fantastic members have already paid for Lifetime membership!
Our vision is to help bring focus and flow states to the working lives of all knowledge workers, because not only will that bring more meaningful products into the world, but will help individuals feel a sense of joy and purpose in their lives.
FLOWN is led by successful serial entrepreneur, Alicia Navarro, founder of Skimlinks (acquired by Connexity April 2020), and backed by well-known investors.
ABOUT THE ROLE
FLOWN’s unique offering involves multiple types of content. These focus on two key aspects of working life; focusing and recharging. We are looking for Facilitators to design, create and lead these sessions, both live and recorded.
Our flagship product - live focus sessions called ‘Flocks.’ These utilise scientific processes and deep-work hacks to create a space for remote workers to accomplish their tasks, together. Flocks provide those who often work remotely a sense of community, connection and most importantly accountability. These sessions are led by experienced facilitators and we have a wonderfully diverse community of members.
We run Flocks each weekday and weekend at a range of times to suit multiple timezones.
Alongside our Flocks, we have a range of on-demand content that helps our members recharge. We are keen to expand this content and deliver a collection of ‘live’ recharge content. Do you have something you think you can offer here? Let us know what it is in your cover letter! Think outside the box here - creativity boosts, movement and more. What unique offering can you bring to FLOWN?
Flocks are what bring most of our members to us in the first place and we are always working on ways to elevate their experience with FLOWN. One way that we intend on doing this is by offering direct contact to the facilitators and their personal skill sets. So, if you're a coach, a mentor, a consultant or have a skill that you think our members would benefit from then please be sure to let us know!
Building our team
We are looking to build a network of charismatic facilitators. Each facilitator will have the gravitas to hold space for a virtual audience of entrepreneurs, academics and other knowledge workers. They require the skills, passion, and confidence to lead audiences through a range of experiences. We are interested in a diverse pool of talent, from various industries and with different styles.
We pay hourly for adhoc/occasional work, but where there is a strong fit (and as we grow) we will look to put facilitators on monthly retainers.
Here are some of things you may be responsible for:
- Greeting and welcoming members (virtually), creating a secular ritual space for business people
- Guiding each group through the ritualised structure, making it feel professional yet special
- Reciting (and eventually perhaps writing) our FLOWN meditations, designed to prepare members for a day of deep work - only for Take-Off facilitators, don’t let this put you off!
- Coordinating break-out rooms for intention setting and reflections.
- Facilitating online deep work sessions (Deep Dives & Power Hours) - doing your own deep work in the process!
- Hosting live Recharge sessions that rejuvenate, replenish and revitalise members at various points throughout the day
- Writing your own content for Recharge sessions - live and recorded
- Recording video content to be used on FLOWN’s platform & social media
- Running virtual sessions smoothly, weaving multimedia elements in as structured, with limited oversight
- Genuinely helping members become more focused, productive, accountable and creative through FLOWN
- Providing feedback to FLOWN on audience engagement and ideas for content improvement
We think you’ll need the following experience in order to succeed in the role:
- Experience using Zoom and other presentation tools - including sharing sound, managing chat, breakout rooms and using security tools to manage the call
- Highly tech savvy with the ability to handle multiple pieces of software and evolving technical processes with ease in a live environment
- Experience presenting to large, live, virtual audiences.
- Experience holding space for others to be themselves and experience our content openly
- A second monitor if you are interested in running Flocks
- Strong and stable wi-fi connection
In addition, here are the core attributes we think you'll need to succeed in the role:
- Charismatic presenter - you have the gravitas to command the attention of a virtual audience consisting of entrepreneurs, creatives, developers, and other types of knowledge workers. You understand how to use your voice and body to both engage with audiences and put them at ease. You are able to read from a script in an engaging manner.
- Strong personal brand - you have a personality that our members will be drawn to. You are able to come up with activities and thoughts of the day that reflect your personality.
- Calm and confident - you can work off a script (and without one) with a natural ease, and you know when to ad-lib to get the most of a session. You aren't thrown if things don't go to plan, and always come across as authentic and poised.
- Passionate about deep work - you're excited by FLOWN's mission, have knowledge and expertise in deep work, and can convey this passion and knowledge when hosting an audience.
We want to practice what we preach, and build a company and team that works creatively and productively. Although this is a freelance role, there are still benefits we believe you'll gain in working with us:
- Scope and influence - you're supporting a founding team and will be involved in shaping our product, what we do, and how we work.
- Training and coaching in deep work - we want our Facilitators to be seen as industry leaders in deep work. For this reason we invest heavily in giving our hosts access to research, tools, and data to guide them on this journey. In time, we’d love our Facilitators to become deep work coaches.
- A strong team - we are led by a proven CEO & Founder, and the rest of the team is equally highly experienced. We also have a high-calibre of investors with a solid runway. On top of this, our small network of Facilitators have built a strong, online community amongst each other, and meet regularly to share learnings and support each other.
- Investment in your personal brand - our members form connections with our Facilitators, and for this reason we love to showcase you and ensure you are given a platform to share your passions and personality!
- Fully dispersed, flexible working - we are a remote-first company, so you can work wherever you like provided it's quiet and distraction-free. We are looking to build up a small network of facilitators so that we can accommodate different working preferences and timetables.
- FLOWN membership - we will provide all our facilitators with free FLOWN membership, so that they discover first-hand the benefits we are promising our members.