ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re currently looking for a UX/UI Designer to join our Product team, working across Founders Pledge to find new digital pathways that provide the level of service that our members expect. We are currently building a brand-new web application that supports our members all the way from signing a binding pledge to making grants to their chosen charities. We’re a new team, and currently share UX/UI responsibilities at various parts of the product development lifecycle.
Reporting to our Product Director, you’ll supercharge design work across vision/research, scoping, kick-off, grooming, design, build and test/review. This is a fantastic opportunity to take ownership of design and UX decisions, to carve out product avenues and help our organisation scale, enabling the best possible user experience and delighting members.
Your work will involve three main product areas:
- Building our web-application (owning the UX and UI decisions).
- Supporting the development and ongoing changes to our homepage.
- Helping with user research/process analysis to align members’ needs with internal process requirements.
From time to time, you might also need to provide graphic design support for ad-hoc tasks like bringing an annual report in line with our CVI.
Your day-to-day might include:
- Helping gather and evaluate user requirements, in collaboration with our Product Managers (PMs) and engineers.
- Working with teams to understand internal processes and how these relate to our member experience/UX. You’ll take the lead on ensuring we’re always building with this in mind and that our designs align with internal functionality.
- Helping PMs conduct the right type of user testing to discover future opportunities and current hurdles, ensuring a good feedback loop for the team.
- Illustrating design ideas using storyboards, wireframes, and process flows for the product team, as well as helping communicate ideas to a wider set of non-product stakeholders.
- Designing graphic user interface elements, and UX flows for new features (we currently use design tools such as Tailwind UI to ensure we can deliver at pace).
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems as part of the day-to-day development process, working with the engineers and PMs on the most efficient way to solve them.
- Make sure we're keeping to Founders Pledge CVI style standards in fonts, colours, images and other UI elements.
Overall, you’ll have solid service design skills and be comfortable working as the only in-house Designer. You’ll be excited to dive into how our internal processes work and how they fit with our external user app, to build a seamless experience.
You’re likely to have:
- Previous experience in a UX/UI design role (and a portfolio to illustrate the work you're most proud of).
- Experience working with and understanding internal systems. You’ll know what information you need to ensure that all the pieces of internal processes and systems fit together, to present a beautiful, functioning product externally!
- A strong understanding of cross-functional working practices, Agile methodologies and a keen sense to learn (our team will be here to support you in your role).
- Working knowledge of wireframing and design tools, but you can choose your own.
- A drive to keep yourself up to date with best UX and UI design practices, and you will be able to organise your own work.
- A great eye for detail and copy - you know that words are a crucial part of the UX design.
- Great communication skills (verbal and written), and the ability to make your work understandable to both product and non-product stakeholders alike - you’ll work across teams/functions at Founders Pledge.
- As we are a small team, a willingness to step in and help to get things done.
When applying for this role, please upload either a portfolio of your work/projects, and/or a cover letter explaining why you're interested in the UX/UI Designer role at Founders Pledge, giving examples of previous relevant experience.
WHY WORK WITH US?
You can find more about the benefits we offer here, but what makes us truly special is both our mission and our people. We’re a diverse team, from both charitable and commercial backgrounds, who believe that amazing things can happen when we tackle problems together. We offer a flat structure and an opportunity to help shape the future of philanthropy.
Even though we’re an incredibly mission-driven company and we’ve got big ambitions, we won’t be expecting you to work all-nighters! We work a 40-hour working week and actively promote work/life balance.
On top of this, we have a global flexible first approach to working.
We ask that applicants to this role are based within the UK or Europe. Although we have a small HQ in London, there’s no expectation for you to attend on a regular basis. At the same time, if you think you’d benefit from a desk in a co-working space close to your home, this can be arranged. Otherwise, you just need a great home wifi connection and we’ll provide you with everything else you need to be successful in your role.
We’ll bring the global team together once per year and individual teams will meet to work together once per year.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Founders Pledge. We seek people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share our drive to understand and solve complex social challenges. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Finding solutions to the world’s most pressing problems requires different perspectives and unique ways of thinking and we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace where everyone can do their best work.