This is an exciting opportunity to join our London Hub as we seek to recruit a Youth Development Lead who will support young people based in and around London, with a specific focus on Enterprise. The role will initially require a blended approach to Office and Home working, in line with government guidelines, but will eventually be based in our London Hub in Tower Hamlets and Southwark, with flexibility needed to travel across London.
Our Enterprise Youth Development Leads help young people aged 18-30 to learn about self-employment and to decide whether starting a business is right for them. We ensure service users have the tools and skills they need to launch their businesses through our Explore Enterprise Course and offer mentoring, workshops, and funding to support new entrepreneurs at every stage of their business start-up journey.
This role is perfect for you if you have skills and experience in Self-Employment and are passionate about supporting young entrepreneurs to develop their businesses. The work you do both independently and as part of the Sussex team will raise the aspirations of young people and help to transform young lives.
Suitable candidates may have one or more of the following:
- Qualifications in Business Management
- Experience in having set up their own business
Key parts of this role will include:
- Delivering workshops and training on entrepreneurship
- Providing 1-to-1 support directly to our service users
- Supporting the development of business plans and financial forecasts
- Working closely with volunteers and partner organisations to support our Young People
- Working with wider colleagues to achieve a positive outcome for service users
The role will also involve accurately completing paperwork, using our internal customer relationship management software to actively onboard and manage our Young People and day-to-day general administration.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is an effective communicator and collaborator, passionate about delivering excellent customer service and making the right decision for young people
- Will thrive in a busy and dynamic role and is able to engage in challenges with optimism and resilience
- Is able to work efficiently and effectively to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Can confidently work as part of a team, with other departments across the organisation and externally with delivery partners and volunteers
- Has experience of working on their own initiative to achieve individual and team objectives
- Can write, develop, and deliver lesson plans both face-to-face and virtually, utilising digital technology (including MS Teams)
- Has a fine attention to detail and can process paperwork in a timely and accurate manner
- Has a strong understanding of the challenges young people from within The Trust’s target groups might face
We work with young people from every background, so we are passionate about building a diverse workforce that represents the young people we support. We therefore welcome applications from everyone who meets the essential criteria for the role. If you believe you have the passion and skills to help young people change their lives and enter entrepreneurship, then we would love to hear from you.