x+why is a flexible workspace provider with a difference – we are on a mission to change the way the world works for good. We believe that advancing people and planet as well as profit goes beyond responsibility; it makes exceptional sense.
With four inspiring and inviting spaces in West, East and Central London and our recent launch of Foundry, 6 Brindleyplace, we are proud to annouce the launch of our second site in Birmingham at 103 Colmore. We are building a community of purpose-driven leaders, companies, and movements who understand that business should be a force for good.
We have everything that you would expect from a luxury co-working office (tech, coffee, Wifi, music, plants, etc), as well as sustainable and ethical design and principles at our heart. We have an in-house wellness programme, featuring yoga and meditation classes for our members to enjoy. We absolutely live our values. Come and join us!!
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of our new sites in Birmingham as a Community Associate. You will be the face of x+why and have a strong presence on Front Desk. In this role you are responsible for all members and guests first (and last) experience of x+why. Our Community Associates are integral and part of the day-to-day success of each x+why location; and work within a cohesive team that is committed to providing exceptional service to members and guests. In this role you will work alongside the Senior Community Manger (SCM) and Community Manager (CM) with a focus on nurturing a fun and inspiring environment in which our members can thrive. As a Community Associate you must be passionate about people, obsessed with organisation and in delivering a 5* customer service experience to everyone you meet.
- Welcoming members, guests, and external visitors to the site
- Managing move in administration for new members
- Checking in / out, Day pass and Flex Members
- Communicating guest and tour arrival to SCM & CM
- Responsible for the opening and closing the Front Desk
- Managing all internal and external meeting room bookings
- Maintenance of members portal
- Responsible for ordering for socials and external events
- Replenishment of stock ordering (with CM)
- Responsible for uploading all orders and receipts to ‘xero’ liaising with finance department when needed
- Monitoring Front Desk email account
- Respond to all enquiries via email/phone/in person (from members and external parties).
- Notify members of deliveries
- Alert CM and SCM to contracted works
- Access pass handling and distribution
- Support onboarding sessions for new members and ensuring security and health and safety information is clearly stated and understood by new members.
- Reactive operational management (IT, FM, AV contractors etc)
- Ensuring general tidiness of reception and communal areas.
- Checking all meeting rooms and phone booths are fit for purpose
- Capturing sustainability data from members and building
- Cover team members’ lunch breaks
We are looking for an individual who is confident, proactive, and with an entrepreneurial ‘can do’ spirit. Proven experience in a customer facing role in a service led industry is a must, as is a strong customer care ethic. Experience working within a ‘start-up’ or SME would also be beneficial. The individual should be highly organised with the ability to multitask and react quickly within a fast-paced environment. Along with the ability and confidence to build relationships with new and existing members of our thriving community. Being able to work effectively with a variety of computerised systems is essential, as is fluent written and spoken English. Finally we encourage individuality so that you can be yourself in order to bring your best every day.
In return we promise to support and guide you in your role and will provide the following compensation package: competitive salary, pension provision, discretionary bonus, Health Fund, 25 days annual leave (plus public holidays) , 2 volunteer /charity (paid) days, Share Options, Better Space access , Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). and an Employee Referral Scheme.
If this role interests you, please submit an application. We can't wait to hear from you!
At x+why, we value an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace where all workers, whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education or disability, feel valued and respected. We encourage applications from all corners of society and are committed to building a culture of inclusion throughout the business. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages and ensure that all voices are valued and heard.