At Perlego, we’re working hard to make education accessible to all. In this digital age, we believe that anyone should be able to learn anything at any time. Knowledge should be more accessible, not locked behind sky-high price tags.
Over the past 5 years our goal has been to support students across the UK & Europe to access quality books. The next stage of Perlego is two fold:
1. Expand our support to students globally, and
2. Build a product that goes beyond the book, a platform that helps students study smarter and more effectively.
What we’re looking for
A Technical Onboarding Specialist with some experience providing a high quality, smooth onboarding and user experience for our publishing partners. You would be joining our content operations team, and work closely with the content team to ensure that publishers are delighted to work with us.
How we work together
We organise ourselves into cross-functional squads, which in turn are a part of larger tribes. Each tribe works together towards a common objective. This role would be part of the content operations squad, which consists of 5 software engineers, a product manager, and you.
What you’ll do
Become the point of contact for our publishing partners, to help them get onboarded onto our platform, deliver their content to us, and giving them feedback along the way.
Support the content team’s publisher relations, by helping them respond to various technical queries.
Work alongside the content team to improve the onboarding process and feedback provided to publishers from our systems.
Investigate and resolve technical issues faced by our publishing partners and content team, with support from the content operations squad.
What success looks like for this role in 6 months
- In 3 months you will have gotten up to speed and have successfully onboarded several new publishing partners
- In 6 months you will have identified improvements to our processes to improve our publisher onboarding journey, and have taken full ownership of the technical part of the publisher relationship.
It’s the perfect role for you if you have:
- A passion for automating tasks, and designing processes to provide the best user experience
- Experience in software project development
- Basic knowledge of Python and MySQL (AWS is a bonus)
- Strong technical capabilities - from data analysis & manipulation, debugging, scripting
- You enjoy coaching non-technical stakeholders through technical processes
- You adapt to your audience, being able to collaborate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- You look for the right data to make informed decisions to improve systems and processes
⭐️ It’s a plus if you have:
- Experience with Agile / Scrum ways of working
- Experience in a startup environment
- Have a general interest in books, education, reading and always learning new things!
- Experience in working closely with software developers to design, develop and deliver products
Why should you work at Perlego?
Apart from our mission, we foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. We’re proud of our 4.8 Glassdoor reviews and the fact that 97% of our team would recommend Perlego as a place to work.
Salary range between £40,000 - £50,000 + equity
🏠 Flexible Working
We're making learning accessible to all and we want our ways of working to be accessible too. Choose between our impressive office in Chancery Lane, remote work or a bit of both. Work in a way that supports your needs and your life. We trust people to work from where you do your best work.
🌱 Personal development
We value continuous learning, you will get £500 per year to spend on training of your choice
🧳 Work-life balance
Everyone needs a break, so enjoy 30 days off (incl. bank holidays) + 1 week over Christmas (or religious holidays of your choice).
🚲 Cycle to work scheme
We're committed to building a sustainable business, so we encourage cycling to work. Perlego will buy your bike of choice, which you'll pay back over 12-18 months.
🧘🏽♀️ Health & wellbeing
We care about our employees physical and mental wellbeing, so you get the choice of a wellbeing subsidy or health insurance. You will also get access to a counselling support service via Spill.
We're a tight-knit bunch who enjoy our time to play. We have regular social events and activities for everyone - everything from white water rafting to board game nights.
🍼 Family time
We believe family is really important; we offer new parents a competitive parental leave.