Overview of Marketing Manager Role
- Job Title: Marketing Manager
- Salary: £30,766 - £36,877
- Reporting to: CEO
- Based: Remote
- Hours: Full time
- Timeframe: To start September / October 2022
Objectives of post
Responsible for our growth strategy this role will develop and implement multi-channel marketing with a focus on generating leads and growing our customer base.
Key tasks will include:
- Acquisition campaigns: Plan, design and execute acquisition-based marketing campaigns across all channels, in line with allocated budget.
- Segmentation: Effectively segment the market utilising our CRM system, trends in sales and market knowledge.
- Leads: Generate quality leads for our community team through on and offline activity including direct mail, PPC, Paid Social and organic search in SEO.
- Sales Funnel: Work with the community team to drive online conversion of leads through the sales funnel process.
- Automation: Identify and deliver opportunities to automate the acquisition process, for example through triggered email communications and PPC automation.
- Brand: Clearly articulate who we are and what we stand for, aiming to bring prospects down the marketing funnel from brand awareness to purchase decision.
- Reporting: Ensure all campaigns are fully tagged and trackable, analyse and report on results against sales targets and KPIs.
- Budget and ROI: Manage acquisition marketing budgets and maximise return on investment for all marketing activity through evaluation of sales and promotional activities.
- CPA: Determine our optimal customer acquisition cost for each customer segment and measure acquisiton against this.
- Testing and optimising: Continuously test and amend copy/plans where needed to maximise engagement.
- Market knowledge: Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of market conditions and competitor activity.
- Marketing Trends: Keep up to date with marketing best practice in order to bring innovation and creativity to strategy and campaigns.
- Content Marketing: Generate high quality content such as research papers, author-written blog articles and partnership reports to influence our target markets.
- Social media strategy: Develop and deliver our social media presence.
- SEO: Develop our SEO strategy to maximise the visibility of organic search through SEO and ensure that the website is fully optimised to drive traffic.
- Website management: Maintain the online presence of our product range across the website.
Channels include website, email, social, direct mail, sales presentations, Google, blog, print and digital advertising, trade.
Who we are looking for
Commercially aware and inquisitively creative, you will already have experience of developing and successfully running multi-channel acquisition marketing campaigns resulting in strong sales. The role is varied and requires expertise in all elements of the marketing mix on and offline.
- Proven experience in planning and delivering acquisition focused marketing campaigns.
- Clear track-record in managing budgets and delivering successful ROI.
- Analytical, data driven marketing expertise that bases decisions on insights and facts.
- Capacity to translate customer research into profitable marketing activity.
- Designing and delivering effective demand generation campaigns through all digital channels involving Marketing Automation tools.
- Digitally competent, with a strong understanding of CRM, Content, SEO, PPC.
This role would suit an ambitious marketer who has worked for 2+ years in a junior role with excellent leadership and is ready for more responsiblity or someone coming from a mid-level role who is aiming for a marketing director role in the near future. Previous experience of marketing to schools would be an advantage.
We will call applicants for an informal conversation and suitable candidates will be asked to complete a formal interview process.