Join Provenance as a Finance and Operations Manager!
An exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing SaaS startup creating systemic change in the world. Provenance is enabling transparency on the social and environmental impact of consumer products, and we’re looking for an experienced Finance and Operations Manager to drive day-to-day financial and operational excellence, working closely with the Exec team. You will be supported by an Operations Assistant with a view to formally line manage them post 3 months of joining.
We are scaling the business from hundreds of brand and retailer customers - to thousands! This means Provenance will be helping millions of shoppers who want to shop in line with their values. Reporting into the CFO, you will be involved in the day-to-day execution of the business across Finance and Ops, helping us drive growth and efficiencies as we scale our customer base and team. Working closely with the Exec team (Founder, MD, CFO), you will develop in-depth knowledge of our business drivers, and make and deliver critical operational decisions that influence the top and bottom line.
What you'll be doing:
- Ownership of day-to-day finance and delivery of monthly management accounts in Xero
- Responsible for all accounts receivables and payables, monthly payroll actions
- Ownership of SaaS-based billing and payment, ensuring accuracy and timeliness across new business, renewals and upsells
- Streamline and automate our processes as we scale our customer and international recurring revenue base
- Support CFO in maintenance of Financial Model and preparation of quarterly Board reporting and analysis, building an in-depth knowledge of our revenue, cost and cash flow drivers
- Ensure all financial, legal and tax reporting and documentation are in order and any HMRC, Companies House filing requirements or queries are dealt with in an efficient and timely manner
- Liaise with our external accountants on payroll, pensions, VAT returns and annual financial statements
- Support Exec team in sprint planning, quarter kick-offs and retros, maintaining an effective operational cadence
- Measure and report on OKR metrics, working with team leads across the business
- Pro-active improvements to our business processes and tools; periodic assessment of their effectiveness and recommendations for optimisation or retirement
- Creative thinking and structured processes on how we work as a team, enabling ease of use, transparency and insight across teams
- Procurement and maintenance of IT equipment and business software to ensure our team has the equipment they need to work effectively, including relevant H&S regulations
- Support our Talent Lead on new joiners’ onboarding to software tools across the business
- Ensure our office space is a great place to work, meeting our hybrid approach and requirements
- Own our B-Corp status and assessment
Fundraising and Investor relations
- Support on fundraising and investor relations
- Manage investor log, research and tiering;
- Support on pitch materials, due diligence and data room
- Contribute on grants and other funding applications
What we're looking for:
- Experience working in Finance and Operations, ideally for a B2B SaaS company
- Solid understanding of the basics of accounting and experience in financial management, in particular using Xero
- Track record of successfully delivering operational excellence, ideally in early stage, high growth companies
- Working knowledge and familiarity with business software tools (e.g. Stripe, Hubspot, Notion, Miro, Google Suite), and if not, a willingness to learn!
- Excellent attention to detail; commercially minded with ability to work at both the macro and micro level
- Strong execution skills and hands-on attitude; you love to get things done
- Natural problem solver, resourceful and adaptive to change
- Comfortable with multi-tasking and managing competing deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Salary range: £40k - £55k depending on experience
Location: This role is hybrid. We are based in Kings Cross, London.
Why work at Provenance?
A career at Provenance is an opportunity to help tackle some of our greatest global challenges every day.
Provenance powers sustainability claims you can trust. As the global leader in sustainability marketing technology, we help brands and retailers share credible, compelling and fact-checked social and environmental impact information at the point of sale. Provenance’s technology is already increasing conversion rates, brand value and market share for customers including Cult Beauty, Douglas, GANNI, Napolina, Arla and Unilever. Our vision is a world where citizens can make informed buying decisions that positively impact both people and planet.
We’re a small, open and creative team with expertise in marketing, sustainability and technology and a shared goal to drive positive change for people and the planet. We pride ourselves on operating with integrity and making saving the world through system change fun! We really value and do our best to support our fantastic team. We offer:
- Employee share option program (so you can own a share of the company!)
- Workplace pension
- Flexible working options (both location and times): We are a truly hybrid team, with an office in Kings Cross, London and team members based across the UK and Europe. We are well set up for collaborative remote working as well as fun and productive quarterly in-office team days.
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and a full day off on your birthday
- Generous parental leave policy for both primary and secondary care-givers
- Learning and development budget to support your career growth (e.g. courses, conferences, workshops)
- Team workshops, demos and regular social events
- You will love what you do – waking up every day solving one of the biggest social problems of our generation
- Committed team members with broad experience who share a common passion to build a world class business
We believe in equal opportunities
It takes a diverse and inclusive community of passionate, talented and committed people to build a system to enable commerce to be a force for good. We’re an equal opportunity employer, so we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, with different outlooks and experiences.
To apply please submit your CV and Cover Letter. We look forward to hearing from you!