Wild River Comics is an exciting comic-book studio based in London with ambitious growth plans for the future. We are a collaborative, hardworking, high-energy team looking for a dynamic person to fill our Head of Sales role.
We are currently building the “AlbionVerse” – a shared universe of stories set in a technologically advanced London, where magical creatures hide in the shadows, immortal beings fight for power and demons walk the streets. We’ve just launched a successful Kickstarter campaign for our first story – Daughters of Albion – and will be launching the second installment soon.
We are looking for a Head of Sales to help develop and implement the sales strategy, which includes retail sales, e-commerce and in-person (event) sales. You will lead the sales & marketing team to increase web sales through paid ads, affiliate marketing and PR as well as overseeing the retail sales process. You will manage activities with a clear focus on ROI and provable performance and you will be comfortable using data to inform your decision making, with a track record of excellent performance in Ecommerce and B2C Sales and Marketing. Knowledge of the publishing industry is a plus, but not essential. This is a senior management role, so we are looking for an individual with great leadership ability; someone who will inspire and empower the sales & marketing Team to help us achieve success.
- Work with the Head of Studio to formulate and deliver strategic sales objectives across retail, e-commerce and live events
- Manage the 2 members of our sales & marketing team, setting and exceeding KPI’s
- Provide marketing support for new comic launches and develop initiatives for driving revenue growth
- Work on the planning, building and implementation of our digital marketing strategy
- ROI reporting and planning of all sales/marketing functions
- Analyse our competitors, assess market opportunities and develop our market positioning
- You have experience of a Senior Sales / E-Commerce role or similar for a UK start-up
- You have a strong understanding of all areas within Digital Marketing (CRM, SEO & PPC).
- You have launched a product and been responsible for sales performance across a variety of channels
- You have a results and data-oriented attitude with a solid understanding of relevant sales channels and KPIs to measure the success of campaigns
- You are comfortable building a team, 2 direct reports initially with room for this to grow
This is an amazing opportunity to build a team, establish a culture, and take a leading role within a successful and growing organization.