Board-level hiring is stuck in the past - that’s where Nurole comes in. We were founded by industry veteran Susie Cummings, who realised there has to be a better and fairer way, in the digital age of hiring the world's leaders, beyond little black books and the old boys’ network.
Nurole is the global hiring marketplace working exclusively at board level. Our clients range from listed and private organisations, such as Games Workshop, Uber, and Oddbox, to nonprofits, such as Comic Relief, the University of Oxford, and the RSPCA. We're highly mission-driven and social impact is core to the business model - we believe our unique, tech-driven method casts the net wider for every search and is a fairer, better way to find new and diverse talent. We also discount our fees by 90% for nonprofits and donate to charity every time one of our members recommends a placed candidate in a compensated role.
Our aim is for Nurole to become the way for boards to hire. We’ve already placed over 1,500 people, helping 10 people find a non-executive role each week of 2021. We’re growing fast. The Financial Times listed us in the top 1,000 fastest-growing organisations in Europe for the third time in 2022.
By hiring the right people, good boards become great. Great boards change their organisations, and great organisations change the world.
The work we do matters. We’d love you to join us.
Nurole is looking for a Customer Support Agent to be a front line agent to help Nurole members and clients use our product and services. This is a terrific opportunity for someone who enjoys interaction and is motivated by helping people to join a dynamic and fast-growing company in a highly visible role that is critical to its success.
The Customer Support Agent will be responsible for:
- Answering the main phone line and online live chat to support Nurole’s members and current or prospective clients
- Using Zendesk to help manage our enquiries email inbox and supporting the team with incoming enquiries by responding directly or passing to another member of the team as appropriate, and ensuring timely and complete follow up
- Maintaining reporting and analysing metrics so we can better understand the enquiries we receive and our performance in addressing them
- Providing product support for internal customers and team members by logging, tracking and communicating known bugs and issues
- Reaching out to members to ensure they are receiving our communication based on their preferences
- Providing scheduling assistance for candidate interviews with board members and senior executives
- Providing support for our sales team, including creating pitch presentations and team meeting agendas and minutes
- Helping to process and evaluate membership requests and referrals
- Other ad hoc tasks as required
The Customer Support Agent will have:
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience of working in a corporate environment, ideally in a customer facing role
- Confident and friendly communication including a highly professional telephone manner
- Conscientious and reliable delivery
- Highly organised and able to manage a busy workload of competing priorities
- Strong tech skills and the ability to pick up new systems quickly
- Accountability and confidence to own processes and drive their continuous improvement
- A proactive nature and approach to work, with the willingness and ability to suggest improvements or take on additional responsibilities in order to better support the team
- Experience using a customer service system such as Zendesk would be an advantage
- We want people to be proud to work at Nurole – because of what we do, how we do it and what we stand for.
- Throw yourself into your work and we’ll commit to you.
- We don’t mind if you make mistakes – as long as you learn from them.
- We’re big believers in data. This should guide everything we do.
- We strive to be a very human tech company. We want everyone to feel valued and able to do their best work.
Nurole’s culture is built on three core values:
- Be Bold – moon shoot, own it, be brilliant.
- Build Trust – always be kind, nothing beneath us, givers not takers.
- Be Better – growth mindset, black box thinking, autonomy mastery purpose.
- Share options
- 25 days holiday p.a. & bank holidays
- Private health insurance
- Regular team events & off-sites
Founder - Susie Cummings:
Susie, a former top-tier headhunter with over 30 years’ experience and founder of one of Europe’s most successful retained executive search firms, is the founder of Nurole.
Susie started her working life at Advent Venture Partners, where it soon became clear that getting the right senior management team was as important to the success of a business as the strategy or securing the capital itself. This philosophy is at the heart of everything Nurole does today.
CEO - Oliver Cummings:
Oliver joined the company after a decade working as a private equity investor, most recently as a partner at BXR Partners, an international private investment group with a 19-year track record of superior investment performance across a variety of industry sectors, and previously at Goldman Sachs Capital Partners.
Oliver is currently a non-executive director of Thomas’s London Day Schools, a privately-owned schools group with over 2,000 students across London. He also serves on the advisory board of Potage (www.potage.co.uk), recently voted in the top 8 food delivery services in the UK by GQ.
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity is part of the Nurole DNA, as our platform is designed to attract and identify more diverse candidates for every role.
As a company, we are committed to being a diverse and inclusive organisation, but we know we have work to do. We recently set up a Diversity Committee and appointed a Diversity Champion to drive our efforts in this area. It is looking at both our internal data and policies, and how the Nurole platform empowers people from the widest possible range of backgrounds.