About Gravity Sketch
Our team is on a mission to revolutionise the way we bring ideas to life and fundamentally change the way 3D design is done today. We help design teams to create and communicate 3D ideas in the quickest and most intuitive way possible. We've developed the first end-to-end 3D design platform that allows teams to carry out work from the early phases of the design process all the way through to hand-off for productionisation. The tools we have developed are changing the way companies across automotive, industrial design, and entertainment industries carry out their day-to-day work. The platform is helping teams deliver more creative outputs, foster better collaboration, and compress products' time to market resulting in a much more sustainable product development process. The platform offers VR, tablet, and web-based applications allowing users to bring the tools seamlessly into their workflow. Cross-discipline teams at companies such as Ford Motor Company and Adidas depend on the platform to collaborate and deliver world-class products both physical and digital. Being highly skilled in the use of Gravity Sketch is important for new hires in industry leaders such as Adidas/Yeezy, sitting alongside tools like Adobe’s Photoshop.
- Just closed an $33m Series A round led by Accel and GV, with some exciting angels joining such as Tony Fadell (inventor of the iPod and iPhone), Will Smith (Dreamers VC), Kevin Durant and Rich Kleiman (Thirty Five Ventures), Soleio (famed as the “Like button” designer) and Paul Robson (Adobe’s Head of International)
- We have 4x our revenue and 5x our user base in the last year
- ~1.5 million app downloads (most of which was in the last 18 months)
Our Team & Culture
We’re a lean but ambitious team of ~85 spread across the globe (UK, Europe & North America). We may be geographically spread out, but we’re tied by our mission to radically change how teams communicate ideas spatially and expressively from anywhere.
Our focus is on output and getting the work done, not counting the hours you work. We appreciate that everyone has their own optimum setup, and so provide flexibility in terms of when and where you get work done.
Impact, ownership and being part of our team on a mission are at the heart of our culture. We encourage everyone to experiment, bring new ideas to the table, and challenge one another in order to arrive at the best solutions for our users. Trustis another fundamental, which is echoed through autonomy of our work. We rely on each other to be resourceful, make decisions quickly, give honest feedback, ask for help, or do whatever needs to be done in order to make a positive impact on the team, users, or business.
We are all learning as we build this business and find that with each new addition to the team our ambition grows. We look for teammates that wish to grow with us on the journey; we value individuals with a curiosity to learn and eagerness to take initiative, following through on the work we initiate. Innovation day takes place every month, creating space to focus on an innovative passion project (something that would be cool for users).
We work hard, and know how to have fun too; with company trips, socials, sports, gaming sessions and more. We welcome you to share your hobbies with the team so we can all try something new!
Who we're looking for
As a VR Mathematician at Gravity Sketch, you’ll be responsible for figuring out all the steps from the user providing input to mesh geometry appearing in the application. This covers everything from designing interactions in the performance critical context of VR to implementing complex mathematical algorithms to tessellate an optimised renderable mesh. Your main tools will be C# and Unity, with a particular emphasis on writing lightning fast multithreaded algorithms using the Unity C# job system and Burst compiler. Your code will need to be optimised for a wide range of hardware, from the most powerful gaming PCs to the latest mobile VR hardware.
You’ll also learn about real world physical modelling techniques, UX concepts and principles in the current Gravity Sketch workflow, using this to research and develop novel and groundbreaking new ways for users to create. You will be your own product manager, quickly taking ownership over projects and working directly with users to create, improve and iterate on features. At Gravity Sketch, we aren’t precious about which bits of the codebase you can contribute to so if you have a good idea you’ll be free to implement it.
- Bachelor’s degree in a mathematics related field.
- Experience programming in an object-oriented language (e.g C#, Java).
- Excellent algorithmic skills including practical knowledge of complexity theory.
- The ability to identify and solve complicated problems independently, particularly in the areas of geometry and linear algebra.
- Strong communication skills, in particular the ability to communicate complex technical ideas to a non-technical audience.
Bonus points for:
- Fluency in C# - this is the main language we use here, but don’t worry if you’ve never written any before!
- Experience with Unity.
- Academic/professional experience in computational geometry.
- Experience with other 3D CAD packages/design tools.
- Knowledge of multithreaded programming
- Uncapped holidays: Startup world is busy, we encourage taking time off to recharge and rest.
- Flexible working: we appreciate that everyone has their optimum setup and things to work around in life. We would support remote and hybrid working as well as varying hours.
- £50/ month personal wellbeing budget
- Private healthcare
- £1,000 personal budget per year for professional development. You will learn a lot here but there may be more want or need. With this budget, we aim to support you in your career growth.
- Team lunch Wednesdays: out together in person, or virtually with food delivery credit.
- Socials, ski trips & a biannual global meet up: we are passionate about bringing everyone together whenever we can, this helps build tighter bonds and alignment.
- Enhanced parental leave policy (maternity and paternity)
- Cyclescheme & Techscheme
- Chance to work at a fast growing start-up changing how the products of the future are designed, and exposure to a transparent startup journey
- Real work ownership - you drive your own initiatives and have an opportunity to take your work all the way through to launch.
- Opportunity to work with some of the world’s leading design companies
- Transparent insight into the startup journey, plus unparalleled learning if you’re up for the challenge!