Now more than ever, people want every experience to be instant and on-demand. And when it comes to getting paid, people want their cash yesterday. But every year organisations waste time, money, and energy sending more than $20 Trillion in payouts to individuals using cash, checks, credit, debit, prepaid, and gift cards! Held back by the legacy banking systems, crushed by the costs and complexity of credit cards there is this monster industry still lingering in the digital dark ages.
At WeGift we’re changing all that. We’ve built our proprietary payment rails that enable any organisation to send money to any individual, anywhere, instantly. No bank account required. No insane interchange fees. We even get up to 25% in commissions from retailers for driving sales which we pass on to our customers. It’s discounted money! We’re throwing away the old model, and transforming how we move and use money forever.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You can read more about our team here - Diversity & Inclusion
We are looking for an experienced Senior Data Engineer who is endlessly curious about data and uses this passion to unlock opportunities that turn into long-term important solutions and improvements for the business. We expect you to be on top of what's going on across the business and build strong relationships in order to anticipate the needs of stakeholders to identify problems and flag opportunities from data before they ask.
What Excites You
- Collaborating with Engineering and Product leaders and other key stakeholders to understand their data needs so you can deliver insights to all parts of the business
- Working in Python or similar for data analysis and improving data quality and modern technologies like DAG Orchestration (Dagster, Airflow, etc) and cloud based data warehousing (Snowflake) as well as data modelling, customer analytics, and decision science.
- Continuously optimising workflows and automating reports
- Creating and maintaining an ELT pipeline from scratch
- Operating in an unstructured environment where you can juggle both work stream-driven initiatives and ad-hoc requests
What Excites Us
- At least 4 years of proven experience as a Data Engineer in a production environment, operating at senior level more recently
- Experience architecting and building outbound data pipelines from scratch
- Great technical understanding of SQL, NoSQL, RDBMS data sources
- Can write some code in python or similar (essential)
- Experience working in a dynamic, unstructured and fast-paced environment (ideally scale-up)
- Experience in data visualisation
- Serverless data services (AWS Lambda or similar)
- Private Medical Health Insurance with Bupa.
- Visa sponsorship and relocation package opportunities.
- A minimum of 25 days holiday + bank holidays (we’re not too descriptive about holidays so if you need more time off then just ask).
- Participation in the Employee Options pool giving you ownership in WeGift and participation in the upside.
- Pension scheme (3% contribution)
- For the time being we are a remote-first company, however, from January 2022 we will be moving to a more hybrid structure to allow flexibility between home and office based working. You will therefore be expected to be in our London office (145 City Road, nr Old Street) a set number of days a month, agreed by your manager.
- Generous maternity and paternity packages to make sure you get to spend time with your new bundle of joy.
- £1,000 annual L&D allowance to invest in mastering your craft, including accredited studies.
- Cycle to work scheme - save some £££ on buying a bike.
- Regular virtual team socials.
- Workplace Nursery benefit, where WeGift makes a contribution to your child's nursery for equipment, training, redecoration or anything else
- WeRecognise, where we shine the spotlight on exceptional employees every quarter who in turn get a £200 award in the eGift card of their choice.
- Staff perks with WeGift brands - discounts of up to 12% on coffee, weekly groceries, holidays, the list is endless.
Take a look under the hood of life at WeGift from our employees perspective. This handbook built using Notion.so is what we use to navigate both the serene and choppy waters when needed. You might need to copy and paste the following link into your browser as job boards don't allow us to add hyperlinks - https://bit.ly/2PluGyG