The Company. Us. Runway East.
At Runway East, we're a team of tech lovers, entrepreneurs, ex-startup founders and customer service advocates, who go above and beyond to keep our companies thriving. It’s been 7 years, and we’ve grown to six locations, over 3,000 members and watched our companies raise over £500 million. We’re here to make good work, with good people. And we’re here to have fun. Incomparable company, superstar service, dogs on demand, Cake Wednesdays and our infamous Friday beer trolley - these are all things we build into creating happiness every day. But what really sets us apart from the coworking crowd is us.
The Job. It’s a great job. We promise
We are looking to hire a seasoned, Maintenance Manager to work five days a week, including some out of hours to deliver maintenance, site improvements & compliance duties across our 5 central London locations. You will be working closely with our site managers to ensure our sites are maintained to a high standard and issues are resolved in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate should be experienced in all aspects of general maintenance, personable, helpful, methodical, tidy and efficient, capable of high-quality work, and have a superb eye for detail.
We have locations in London Bridge, Soho, Finsbury Park, Shoreditch and Aldgate East, and you will be required to travel to these locations. However, you'll be mainly based at our Borough Market location.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Perform routine building maintenance duties, including painting and decorating, minor plumbing, carpentry and general repairs
- Deliver office improvements to our members, including TV & whiteboard installations, desk reconfigurations, furniture building & decorating
- Keeping our sites compliant by ensuring regular checks are completed and reported
- Some administrative duties, such as filling out forms and reporting plus keeping maintenance records
- Comply with all safety and health regulations
- Respond to emergency calls for maintenance and repairs
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues
- Ability to bend, kneel, stoop, and lift or move heavy equipment
- Ability to read and interpret safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and other manuals and documents
- Working independently under the direction of our General Managers, Expansion Manager and Expansion Coordinator with support & training from our Maintenance Contractor
- Runway East is open 7 days per week so the Maintenance team may be required to work outside of normal work hours to cover any emergency
- Knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and general mechanical systems is a plus
- Minimum 3 years experience
- Full clean driving license (in case we need to hire vans and move stuff)
- At least 3 relevant commercial references
- DBS checks on successful candidates
- 1 week trial and 3 weeks probation
- 8 hour shift
- Regular weekend & evening work
£35,000 per annum