Elevator Pitch: The Company. Us. Runway East.
At Runway East, we're a team of tech lovers, entrepreneurs, ex-startup founders and customer service advocates, who go above and beyond to keep our companies thriving. It’s been eight years, and we’ve grown to eight locations, over 3,000 members and watched our companies raise over £1bn. We’re here to make good work, with good people. And we’re here to have fun. Incomparable company, superstar service, dogs on demand, Cake Wednesdays and our infamous Friday beer trolley - these are all things we build into creating happiness every day. But what really sets us apart from the coworking crowd is us.
Runway East has a strong brand, passionate customer base and most importantly, a product customers genuinely love. Covid presented challenges, but it has also presented opportunities. The way of working has been flipped upside down and the demand for flexibility is greater than ever. We’re taking full advantage of that.
Elevator Pitch: The Job. It’s a great job. We promise.
As we continue to scale, we’re looking for an analytical, numerical and all-round exceptional individual to join our Finance Team.
You’ll take on responsibility for various elements of the Finance function, freeing up our Financial Controller to work on our expansion and supporting our Finance Coordinator and Accounts Apprentice in keeping things running smoothly.
We’re looking for someone with a growth mindset, killer attention to detail, who’s independent and who takes ownership of their work. You’ll be someone who truly has a desire to help grow and develop a business.
Most importantly, we’re looking for someone who loves the fact that Runway East is a results-driven company that empowers its team to be entrepreneurial.
What You’ll Be Doing:
You’ll take full ownership of the preparation of the monthly management accounts, as well as preparing partner reports, board reports and interdepartmental expenditure reports.
You will ensure the weekly and monthly cash flows are regularly updated and provide an accurate representation of the expected future cash flow. You’ll also help create and analyse departmental and site budgets and obtain reasons for variances and instil good budgetary practice across the business.
- Transactional reviews
You’ll be ultimately responsible for the accuracy of each Company’s books. You’ll be working closely with the Finance Coordinator to ensure that all ledgers are tidy: debts are being regularly chased, key suppliers are paid on time, banks are reconciled and all purchase invoices are accurate and minimise the risks from fraud or error.
As a continually growing business, with each new site we create a new SPV, you will be expected to identify existing inefficiencies and potential future inefficiencies, and propose solutions so the team can continue to produce accurate information on a timely basis for the foreseeable future.
- Joining the Team
Working as part of a team of four you won’t be afraid to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in. You’ll also manage our Finance Coordinator and Accounts Apprentice on a day to day basis - acting as their go-to for support, guidance and training.
Who You Are: The Non-Negotiables
- Minimum of 4 years accounting/bookkeeping experience, ideally within a multi-site/location/department SME environment or multi project
- Superbly organised: able to plan and organise your work so that it is efficient and effectiveImpeccable attention to detail: demonstrating accuracy in your work
- Able to adapt as situations and circumstances change
- Have been involved in the whole management accounts process: pre-month end close, month end close, month end reporting and year end reporting
- Solid communication skills: able to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, internal and external
What About the Money?
Anything else? You mean, other than working alongside some of the most spectacularly fantabulous people in this, or any multiverse?!
- Time Off 🤸 31 days including bank holidays plus an extra day for every year you’re at RWE. We also give you your birthday off (because no one should work on their birthday)
- Well-being 🧠 Private health & dental insurance, half-price gym membership, access to Spill (which offers video therapy sessions through Slack), mental health days & a Bike2Work scheme
- Contribute 🌎 assign two workdays per year to charitable work with Matchable
- Learning & Development 📚 £150pa personal growth budget, access to Learnamp (a curated platform of learning resources), regular lunch & learns
- The Usual Suspects 👍 - paid sick days, compassionate leave, enhanced parental leave for long-service and life insurance
- RWE Outings 🎉 - we love organised (and not so organised) fun, culminating in an annual team trip (Barcelona, Alicante, Rhodes, and Vilnius to name some past trips!)
More about us
Still reading? Great! So, Runway East provides a springboard for entrepreneurs: a working space, a supportive team, years of experience. We help nurture new ideas into new businesses, and we love doing it.
These are our values, if you share them, let’s talk.
Community Obsessed. You understand our members and their needs - delivering world-class service with enthusiasm and charm. You see every challenge as an opportunity to delight our members.
Open. You are open-minded and engaged. You own your mistakes and take steps to actively learn from them. You give and receive feedback with positive intent to develop yourself and the business.
Give a Damn. You are continuously driving yourself to improve. You care about the little things and you take pride in doing them well - you care about the company, our members and your teammates.
Entrepreneurial. You question the status quo and stand up to fix things, taking the initiative to find and deliver solutions. You are resilient and determined and when the going gets tough, you don’t give up.
Fired up by what you’ve read so far? Hit apply, we want to meet you