About the role
The Senior Community Manager will work closely with the community teams to implement the Online Community Strategy and provide operational coverage for the Community Centre for the Pacific Time Zone. You will coordinate with our Head of Community to ensure the effectiveness of the strategy and continue to evolve it in a timely fashion. You will also be the key client contact during PST operating hours, including client coordination and crisis management, and act as a bridge across teams. You will act as an advocate of the brand in the community, as well as an advocate of the community within the brand, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate. The core hours of operations are Pacific Time Zone.
- Community Strategy Implementation
- Community Centre operations coverage in PST hours
- Client relationship management, especially in PST hours and during special projects
- Deal and communicate with community members during crises, unstable or abusive behaviour, applying our methodology for member education.
- Own the critical product/policy releases communication in the Community Centre, including creating comprehensive and collaborative comms strategies with wider Client teams and implementing that plan
- Maintain regular communication with the client, utilising both qualitative and quantitative information to ensure the right decisions are made for both the community and business.
- Manage Client executives’ presence in the Community Centre, including working closely with Client stakeholders, planning and implementing communications in line with our community management methodology
- Monitor and analyse community performance to ensure agreed KPIs are being met.
- Work adjusted shift patterns during critical launch periods (inclusive of evenings and weekends), potentially 4 times a year
- Lead the implementation of the community strategy, ensuring the project continuously moves forward and in line with client requirements.
- Inspire community members to engage and create content, ultimately support the business to strive by providing insights gained from the community on a regular basis.
- Educate community members on the way we work and how we expect people to communicate with each other by supporting the community.
- Fluent in English with exceptional written communication skills - copywriting experience is an advantage
- 3+ years of experience in running or managing online communities (forums)
- Confident and experienced in client-facing work
- Understand the value of and are comfortable with live/video meetings
- Experience of end to end product launch support in a forum community
- Leadership skills
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format
- Knowledge and understanding of different online community (forum) platforms
- Ability to cope with a fast-paced and complex work environment
- Fantastic interpersonal skills
- Creative, diplomatic, cool under pressure
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills – able to meet deadlines
- Good technical understanding and ability to pick up new tools quickly
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of Spanish or other European languages is a plus
We are an Equal Opportunities employer, we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive working environment.
Due to the high number of applicants, we are only able to respond to successful candidates.