Papier is a VC-backed consumer stationery brand that sells online and ships direct to customers. Papier launched over in the UK in 2015 and has been growing rapidly in the US since launching in 2018, putting the US on course to become our largest market. Growth has been fuelled by over ~$50m of venture funding to date and we are on the verge of securing Series C to help accelerate this still further.
Alongside in-house collections, Papier collaborates with upcoming artists, iconic brands and exciting fashion labels to curate its emporium of notebooks, notecards, diaries, and journals. Our mission is to invite people to uncover the possibility of a blank page.
We recently placed 8th on LinkedIn’s Top 15 UK Startups, and we are now seeking to support and strengthen our progress by building a team on the ground alongside our existing US partnerships.
About The Role
The Operations Executive role forms a critical link to ensure the smooth and seamless running of the day-to-day operations within our partner on-demand production facilities and our fulfilment centres. In this position, you will play a key role in providing insight the business accurate reporting on operational metrics and striving to ensure best practices with all service providers.
As we launch exciting new finished physical products and 3rd party providers are onboarded, this role will be key in ensuring products are set up and configured operationally with 3rd party print and fulfilment partners and are produced to Papier’s specifications and standards, working cross-functionally with your wider teams to support operational efficiency and improvements.
Papier is a high-growth business and this role comes with vast potential for growth and development, so would be ideal for a future Operations leader in the making.
- Performance management of our 3rd party print and fulfilment providers ensuring SLAs are well communicated, managed to and delivered against with a focus on accurate and on-time delivery whilst also meeting Papier’s high-quality expectations.
- Proactively problem-solve cross-functionally and within the Operations team to support the live operation in collaboration with 3rd party partners.
- Support in providing operational forecasting to 3rd party providers to ensure delivery against Papier expectations and readiness for peak.
- Collaborate with 3rd party providers to develop and improve their capabilities and efficiencies as Papier’s business and requirements evolve.
- Manage the set-up and configuration of products from an operational perspective with all relevant 3rd party print and fulfilment providers.
- Product testing with all relevant 3rd party print and fulfilment providers to ensure all new lines are produced and packaged to Papier’s required specifications and standards.
- Support the delivery of the NPD (new product development) roadmap, working with printers, fulfilment centres and internally to ensure launch dates and deadlines are managed to and delivered against.
- Work cross-functionally within Papier to outline internal and external processes and problem-solve to support operational efficiency and continuous improvements.
- Support in onboarding 3rd party providers, implementing packaging and returns solutions and generally supporting the Operations Manager in projects that enable business growth.
- As a guide for this role, we seeking someone with two years experience within an operations team
- Experience in working with 3rd party direct to consumer facilities
- Experience in continuous improvement processes and optimisation
- Experience with new product development or new SKU set ups
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively within a team
- Great Excel skills and ability to analyse complex data with high attention to detail
- Consistent customer focus
- Ability to react to change with pace and conviction
What you'll get:
- A seat at Maison Papier, our lovely Camden office (hybrid working pattern of 2 days p/week in the office)
- 25 days annual leave per year + the ability to buy an extra 5 days
- 20 days per year to Work from Anywhere
- Private medical and rewards scheme with Vitality Health
- 50% off gym memberships with Virgin Active, Pure Gym and more
- Enrolment into the Papier Pension
- Enhanced parental leave policies
- Cycle to work loan scheme
- £40 per month cultural allowance to spend on anything inspiring!
- £75 personal stationery allowance, and £150 to spend on our Occasion stationery for a lifetime special event
- Generous staff discount
- 2 days paid per year to volunteer on a cause you care about
- Access to mental health & wellbeing resources
- Weekly team lunches & regular cultural trips
- Dog-friendly office
- Friendly and fantastic team!
At Papier, we believe that the diverse perspectives of all paper people deserve to be celebrated. A creative and curious community, we strive to be inclusive and equitable to all. We’re an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on any grounds. From hiring processes through to day-to-day business, we aim to create an environment that is accessible and safe for everyone. We’re always working towards building a balanced and supportive workplace, with policies to ensure everyone has the opportunity to make the most of their chapter at Papier.