Equal Education partners is currently recruiting a Director of Sales to join a high-growth, London-based EdTech company.
If you’re an experienced sales professional driven by helping young people into the world of higher education & work, and are interested in EdTech, this opportunity at one of the UK’s fastest growing EdTech start-ups might be of interest.
Our client’s mission is to transform the way young people engage with employers and universities. They empower students to take control of their career paths by connecting them with leading employers and education providers. From virtual work experience opportunities and apprenticeships to university course tasters and employability programmes that make them workplace ready, they are determined to help students discover their future careers - even before they leave education.
They work with some of the most exciting organisations in the world including brands such as Airbus, the NHS, Jaguar Land Rover, AstraZeneca, EY, Deloitte, HSBC, and Vodafone. They’re also partnered with leading schools, colleges and universities and are rapidly scaling with a view to expanding internationally soon.
The role: Director of Sales
We are looking for an excellent and ambitious Director of Sales to lead our clients sales team. With the company experiencing high-growth, the successful candidate will be a pivotal part of moving the business forward.
The Director of Sales will manage and oversee all sales operations, working closely with the leadership team to develop growth strategies while leading an established sales team to implement these strategies.
- Overseeing all sales operations and staff within the organisation
- Creating strategies and tactics to achieve continued business growth with other members of the senior leadership team
- Preparing and presenting sales performance reports to senior leadership
- Building mutually beneficial and strong, long-lasting partnerships
- Effectively conveying the company’s value proposition to external stakeholders
- Establishing and communicating sales goals
- Managing and motivating the sales team to successfully execute strategies and meet (and exceed) targets
- Staying up to date with trends within the industry and evolving customer needs to develop sales strategy
- Proven experience as Director of Sales, Sales Manager or similar role
- Demonstrable sales experience and ability to drive the full sales cycle
- History of meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Tech sector experience preferred (ideally EdTech)
- Able to navigate the challenges of a high-growth / scale-up organisation
- Strong communicator who can influence, negotiate and present to C-level and external stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of leadership by example and able to motivate their team
- Comfortable with numbers and measures of performance
- Analytical and able to make decisions based on sales data
- Highly competitive salary & bonus package available
- Flexible/hybrid working options (home & office)
- Training & CPD budget
- Private health insurance
- Enrolment in company pension scheme