Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
Having closed our Series B funding in April 2021, and looking ahead to our Series C, we're excited about the next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world. We’re a fast-growing team with over 170 Unminders across London, Sydney and New York and would love for you to join us as our new Copywriter.
Uniting Behind Uniqueness
One of our values is “Unite Behind Uniqueness” based on the belief that humans are endlessly unique and their opportunities are equally important. In order to fulfil our mission, we want our team to represent the diversity of our users which is why we’re committed to building an inclusive workplace where we encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. We want to foster a culture where everybody feels included, heard, and equal – regardless of age, disability, gender, neurodiversity, marital or parental status, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
If there are any adjustments we can make that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply or email us at email@example.com.
The Role – Copywriter
The last year has been a transformative period for the topic of mental health. We've all gone on our own wellbeing journeys – for many, it has been an opportunity to reflect, for others it has been a time of struggle and resilience – but there are hopes of a silver lining.
Never before has society put such an emphasis on discussing mental health and, in doing so, many organisations have a new appreciation of what's expected of them to empower their people to live more fulfilling lives inside and outside of the working environment. Unmind has been fortunate to be in a position to support organisations and their people on this journey, and scale significantly as a business in the process.
That’s why we’re looking for a writer to produce copy that educates, entertains and ultimately inspires action towards improving workplace wellbeing.
You’ll use tone of voice and standout copy to ensure everything we create is recognisably us.
Sitting within the brand team, you’ll work closely with our designers and the broader marketing function to serve our B2C and B2B audiences.
Day to day, you'll:
- Write, proof and edit copy.
- Review, refine and improve others’ work.
- Work with internal and external experts to find stories.
- Turn complex science into simple and credible copy.
- Adopt and develop our tone of voice.
- Validate and interrogate briefs for brand content.
- Lead on concepting and crafting campaigns.
- Articulate our value proposition and core messaging.
- Publish SEO-friendly content on our CMS.
- Work with design to elevate the visual impact of all our content.
Skills and Experience
We encourage you to remove education from your CV upon application as qualifications are not a driving factor in our decision making and we are committed to tackling educational inequality. We firmly believe that no one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. However, some experience in the following is important for this position:
- Previous experience as a Copywriter
- A portfolio of short- and long-form content for varying audiences and channels
- Ideally coming from either a media, in-house, or agency background
- Having worked in HR Tech or B2B experience would be beneficial but not a necessity
- Comfort working in an environment of constant change and lots of unknowns
- The ability to grasp ideas quickly and explain them simply
- An autonomous attitude (you do not require – or like – micro-management)
- Good listening skills and a proactive approach to working with others
- Emotional intelligence and a deep-rooted passion for storytelling and writing
- The ability to manage multiple projects and make deadlines
- A passion for mental health, wellbeing, and tech-for-good
- A hunger to make Unmind the global category leader of workplace mental health
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on our careers page, but they include:
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Unmind Equity scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off and celebration days
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Dog-friendly workplace