Start Date: April/May 2023
End Date: October 2023
Application Deadline: 30th September 2022
Salary £21,255 – £25,000 (pro-rata)
Hours: Full time and part time available
Please ensure you are available to attend a recruitment weekend on the 21st to 23rd of October 2022. More info here, if you can't make it, let us know in your preliminary call.
For more information on our other openings and the company perks please visit our website or give us a call.
You have a passion for learning, strong leadership & communication skills, compassion and understanding, and proven ability to adapt your teaching for weather, ambition & circumstance. You want to be best for your customers and for the world, coaching and inspiring customers through adventure and outdoor education.
- Consistently superb customer service
- Participate in the TYF Guide Training Programme
- Working alongside the booking office and active learning team on logistics
- Running adventure sessions and educational residential programmes
- Basic knowledge of marine life and what needs to be done to protect it
- Knowledge of TYF’s vision and values
- Sharing knowledge of environmental impact to our customers
One or more of the following qualifications:
- RCI (SPA) assessed
- UKCC Level 1 Coach with 4-Star Sea Kayak Leader
- ASI Level 1 or equivalent surf qualification / experience
- A stand-up paddleboard qualification
- Experience working with school/ youth groups
- Beach lifeguard course or first aid qualification
- D1 minibus licence
- Coasteering guiding experience
At TYF we believe employees from a diverse range of backgrounds will bring a unique contribution to the adventures our customers will experience. If you share our love for nature, sustainability, and believe in our values you will have a place at TYF - we recruit regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion or physical ability.
Prior to commencing your contract with TYF you must meet the following prerequisites. TYF run a beach lifeguard course for new guides and can process a DBS but as these are both considered prerequistes to employment the cost will be passed on to the staff member.
- A beach lifeguard award or first aid qualification.
- DBS Check dated within the last 24 months or on the update service
New staff must also complete a two week TYF induction which is unpaid.