Start Date: March 2023
End Date: September 2023
Salary £18,500 (pro-rata)
Hours: Full time and part time available
Interviews: We are looking for both a Booking Office Coordinator and Booking Assistant. Candidates will have an initial phone call followed by an interview in person at TYF HQ.
As a society we are at risk of losing the connections to nature that helped us understand and care for it. Lower levels of activity and time outdoors are causes of increasing physical and mental health issues. Young people are not learning the skills to play safely in nature from their parents like they used to.
TYF is invested in offering a ‘Lifetime of Adventure’, introducing children to safe, adventurous play from the earliest age, then supporting people with skills, confidence, equipment and encouragement as they move into older age.
We teach to help folk fall in love with nature so deeply it changes the way they live, forever.
We have thousands of people walking through our doors during the summer season, wanting to try something new and participate in an adventure experience, but are sometimes cautious in making the first step. We are looking for booking office staff who are enthusiastic in helping reassure our customers that they will be in safe hands and keeping the psych for adventure alive. Come join our team at TYF where positivity, adventure, love and care for nature is at the heart of everything we do.
At TYF we believe employees from a diverse range of backgrounds will bring a unique contribution to the adventures our customers will experience. If you share our love for nature, sustainability, and believe in our values you will have a place at TYF - we recruit regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion or physical ability.
Reports to the Logistics Coordinator and is accountable for ensuring outstanding customer service in the TYF booking office.
- Welcome the customers in the store, address their needs and answer their questions and concerns.
- Ensure that customer experience is at the heart of everything you do by projecting a professional and positive approach to all aspects of customer service to deliver consistently superb customer satisfaction and encourage repeat business.
- Resolve any customer complaints in a professional manner and where necessary elevate these complaints to management.
- Use your excellent storytelling skills to highlight environmental issues within the retail sector and encourage our customers to become environmental ambassadors. .
- Share the TYF story, values and mission with our customers.
- Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of retail and adventure products to provide advice and recommendations as needed.
- Show your passion for the TYF brand to every customer and convey what makes us unique.
- Assisting customers in locating desired shop items, inform them of relevant promotions and encourage them to make purchases.
- Selling retail products and TYF Adventures, face to face, over the phone and via email
- Processing customer payments using the shop's Point of Sale (POS) system.
- Working alongside and assisting the adventure booking office team as required.
- Promote online retail, TYF Community Membership, adventure activities and residential programmes where relevant.
Cleaning & Maintenance
- Performing end-of-day cleaning duties, which includes wiping down windows, mirrors, and fixtures as well as sweeping and mopping the shop floor.
- Keep the booking office neat and organized.
- Work with other team members to keep the outside area, entrances and sales floor area clean at all times
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be requested
- Engage with and develop understanding of environmental issues
- Maintaining a positive image of the brand at all times.
- Ensure hire and adventure equipment is returned as scheduled.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively to a variety of customers.
- Self motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a wider team.
- Awesome knowledge of TYF vision and values and an excellent ability to communicate this to customers.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Prior experience in retail.
- Excellent knowledge of environmental issues, social justice and sustainability.
- None required
- Experience of working in a booking office
- Awareness of ecological and environmental issues