Who are we?
Abel & Cole has pioneered organic, ethical and sustainable food delivery for over 30 years. Doing things better is our bread and butter; from saving over 60 million plastic bags by using reusable boxes for our food deliveries, to finding alternatives to plastic long before it hit the headlines. We are forever challenging ourselves to find the most positive way to do business and want everyone to eat organic because it’s one way to save the future. It’s these values that enabled us to become B Corp certified; an optional audit we’ve gone through to recognise how we put people and planet before profit, as well as help us find room for further improvement.
We’re looking for more people to join our team of almost 700, to share our passion for doing the right thing even bigger and better than we do already. In a fast paced and competitive market, we know it’s our people who make the difference. We’ve learnt how important it is to recognise, develop and promote from within; and that trusting people lets them come up with the best ideas and that helps our entrepreneurial spirit to thrive.
Want to see more?
We are very proud of our carefully curated range of brilliant, organic products at Abel & Cole and we have bold ambitions to develop our range in the coming years. We are therefore looking for someone with a passion for organic food looking to start or develop their career in buying. Reporting into our Fresh Produce Buyer, you will be supporting your team in launching new products into our Fresh Produce range, whilst maximising sales opportunities of the existing range too. Your focus will be on ensuring all product launches, range changes and promotions go live smoothly. In your role, you will be working with both a wide range of cross functional teams at Abel & Cole and our wonderful organic farmers and makers.
- Completing the new product set up for Fresh Produce, Flower & Garden and Meal Kits/Feast Box from specifications through to launch
- Setting up Fresh Produce promotional activity with our buying and commercial teams
- Collating weekly sales data
- Gathering customer feedback and researching market trends
- Working alongside the buyers and other cross functional teams to maximise category sales
- Organising benchmarking and competitor analysis
- Driving forward our sustainability mission in all your work
- Attending key meetings and pulling together meeting minutes and actions
- Collating samples for photography to required timescales
- Supporting the buying team on BAU tasks including supplier liaison around availability
- Act as an ambassador for our B Corp values: make all decisions with our social and environmental impact in mind and look for opportunities, no matter how small, to use our business as a force for good.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Very good attention to detail
- Logical, numerate, and keen to learn
- An excellent communicator with an ability to influence others
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative
- Flexible attitude, ability to deal positively with changing priorities
- Keen to drive continual improvement by challenging the norm
- A passion for organic food grocery and ethical ranges
- A keen interest in sustainable and ethical business
- Enjoyment of working with others and making things happen.
What we offer?
This is a full-time position, Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week. Our working hours are 9am to 5:30pm however we offer flexibility. The role will be based from the Andover office with occasional travel to our Wimbledon office.
- Salary of up to £24,500 per annum (FTE)
- 30 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays (FTE).
- Flexible working options considered.
- A free box of fruit and veg every week (It’s pretty delicious!)
- Up to 35% discount on A&C products.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Contributory pension scheme.
Abel & Cole promotes equal opportunities for all employees. We want our employees to feel they can be themselves at work and develop their talents to the full. Members of staff are expected to take personal responsibility for keeping our workplace free from discrimination, harassment, and bullying - a place where everyone is treated fairly and respectfully.
As part of the recruitment journey, if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments so you’re not disadvantaged, please contact us as soon as possible. We welcome applications from people with disabilities.
To support Abel & Cole’s commitment to inclusion and diversity, we ask that you remove all personal details from your CV. This includes removal of home address, D.O.B and place of education.