At Ooni, we want to help everybody experience the joy of making great pizza, and we’re looking for a Culinary Ambassador / Pizzaiolo/a based at our Broxburn HQ to help us realise our dream.
A Little About Ooni
We’re very hot. Specifically, 500℃ hot. That’s the perfect temperature to cook world-class pizza in 60 seconds, a mark all Ooni ovens can achieve in around 15 minutes. When we launched in 2012, we created a category by offering a small, fast, and accessible wood-fired pizza oven that gave ordinary people the critical tool to make great pizza at home.
Now we’re on fire. Exponential growth, global distribution, an ever-expanding product portfolio that goes well beyond ovens, and a growing community of Ooni-lovers worldwide who sing our praises and treat their friends and family to epic pizza. We’re at that perfect stage of growth, where we’re still small enough for you to make a significant difference while big enough to have the resources to do amazing things.
A Little About the Job
We’re looking for someone who lives, breathes, and DREAMS about food, particularly pizza. We need a kick-ass cook who can own recipe development, help our team make A* pizza from scratch, and, crucially, is comfortable showing off their pizza skills on camera.
Expect an incredibly exciting and varied role that will see you work as part of our Content team, helping to build our pizza authority.
A little more about the job (the details):
It is essential that you:
- Have a deep understanding of pizza and a passion and curiosity to learn more
- Have previously worked professionally with pizza
- Have experience working in front of the camera and are comfortable doing so
- Know how to optimise your style and approach depending on who you’re presenting to
- Are comfortable presenting in front of large crowds
- Are highly creative and can come up with ideas as well as deliver other people’s
- Can impress us with your ability to provide multiple projects on time
- Have experience in food hygiene and best practice
- Be comfortable presenting live online and in-person pizza classes
- Teach the UK Ooni team how to make A* pizza
- Demonstrate recipes on camera for videos to accompany online recipes and for publication on Ooni’s marketing and social platforms
- Lead and assist with cooking at Ooni events and pop-ups
- Work with our Head of Pizza Content to develop annual and quarterly content plans that deliver against business goals
- Develop, test, and write recipes and related content with the Content and Marketing teams
- Cook and plate Instagram-worthy food during photo and video shoots (food styling abilities a plus!)
- Work with the Ooni Product and Groceries teams to test new products and ingredients
A bit about you:
- You should be a professional pizza maker (minimum 2 years experience making pizza in restaurants, pop-ups, or food trucks, etc.).
- Be comfortable using (or learning how to use) G Suite
- You’re a superstar on camera - ideally, you’ll have previous experience being in front of a camera
- You’re a self-starter with a team-first orientation
- You’ll be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- You have a genuine and compelling passion for food and in particular, great pizza. A culinary background is a major plus here
- You can demonstrate Ooni’s company values: Passion, Rigour, Innovation, Ambition, and Kindness
- You’re able to regularly come to our HQ in Broxburn, West Lothian (2 to 3 days per week)
- Go to YouTube and search “We are Ooni”. That wee video pretty much says it all
The quick version is:
- We make epic pizza ovens that cook awesome pizza in 60 seconds and start from only £249
- We’re now up to 300+ in the whole team. This number was 100 this time in 2021, and only 50 the year before that. And our team is AWESOME — our culture is core to our whole reason for being
- These are our values: Passion, Rigour, Innovation, Ambition and Kindness. We really do live by them and demand them in everything we do. It ain’t just corporate mumbo jumbo to us. See how they’re capitalised to show how important they are?
- £500 every year to spend on your passion – whatever that may be.
- Great pizza every single day if you want it. Yep. Every single day. And we’ll teach you to become a pizza pro
- Pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, weekly yoga classes. (NamastYAY!)
- 35 days paid holiday per year, plus an additional 5 weeks off once you've been here for 5 years
- £1000 to spend on Ooni products each year, plus 50% discount on any other Ooni stuff
- Employee Assistance Programme – our people are at the heart of everything we do, so if you’re happy, we’re happy.
- Raising money for charity – we’re all about giving back… and having lots of fun in the process!
To know more, have a look at our website. Read a bit about our values and products and just have a wee Google. If you like what you see, apply online with your CV and a cover letter to tell us why you want to come on board. We really like nice letters – especially ones that are personalised just for us!
Having a fantastic culture is really important to all of us at Ooni. We work hard to make it diverse and inclusive and want everyone to have access to the same opportunities. If you would like this advert in a different format or need an alternative method of applying, please let us know. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org