Ooni makes kick-ass pizza ovens for the backyard - think world class pizzas cooked in just 60 seconds!
As well as ovens, we’re building software products to get incredible pizza to even more people. Our software engineering team is working on exciting new platforms and functionality across web and mobile. We’re looking for a React Native Software Engineer to develop world class software products and champion best practices.
A Little About the Job
This role will give you end to end involvement in product development, working with our product managers and designers as part of the delivery team. As a React Native engineer your focus will be on our mobile app, but being adaptable is essential. You’ll be as happy crafting code that meets agile delivery commitments as you are planning what systems we’ll use long-term to support our rapid growth.
A Little More About the Job (Responsibilities):
- Delivery - Working with the cross functional development team to ship new features and enhancements for our customers, and improvements to make things work better behind the scenes.
- Quality - Writing elegant, maintainable code using modern industry best practices and taking a rigorous approach to testing. You’ll review code and have your code reviewed.
- System Improvement - You’ll have the opportunity to work across our stack, explore and evaluate new platforms and technology, and share in key architectural decisions.
- Product - We value collaborative working and you’ll work closely with product managers and designers. Your technical and product input will help make sure we deliver value with each sprint.
- We make time for learning and growth. You’ll have the chance to expand your skills by working in new areas, collaborating with domain experts, and taking part in formal training.
- UX - From cross platform customer journeys to usability improvements. You’ll work with the product design team to create a world leading product experience.
- Process - You’ll take part in backlog grooming, sprint planning and review meetings and support our quest to constantly improve how we work. You’ll be responsible for making sure development tasks are accurately specified, tracked and completed.
- A minimum of 3 years professional software development experience.
- Experience building on GraphQL or REST APIs, ideally within React / React Native.
- Experience integrating third-party libraries and APIs and an understanding of when to use them or build your own.
- An understanding of React and React Native best practices and a commitment to following them.
- Experience releasing applications to the Google Play and Apple App stores.
- Ability to create and maintain continuous integration and delivery of React Native applications.
- Experience with Node and serverless functions is a bonus.
- Demonstrable experience picking up new platforms and programming languages and solving novel technical challenges.
- Technical leadership - You’re passionate about technical decisions and keep up to date with new developments and techniques - If you think something can be done better then you push for it. You also encourage others when they try to innovate.
- A user focused mindset. You’re motivated to deliver benefits to customers and you consider value to customers and the business when managing your time.
- Hands on experience with agile development practices and tools: e.g. User Stories, BDD/TDD, CI/CD, and automated testing.
- A natural collaborator. You demonstrate humility and compassion working with others to arrive at the most effective solutions.
- Appreciation of and commitment to our company values: Passion, Rigour, Innovation, Ambition and Kindness.
- Love of pizza.
- Go to YouTube and search “We are Ooni”. We’re super proud of our culture and think you’ll love it here too. Here are some other reasons:
- Work for an employer that cares about your wellbeing! We’ve got an employee assistance programme which includes on demand coaching and therapy sessions, plus a weekly yoga class
- 35 days of paid time off per year, plus an additional 5 week sabbatical when you’ve been here for 5 years
- £500 every year to spend on your passion – whatever that may be
- £1000 to spend on Ooni products each year, plus 50% discount on any other Ooni stuff
- We’re all about giving back. That’s why we offer two paid days to volunteer each year
- Continuing Education - we encourage our employees to use our learning platform to grow here at Ooni
- Great pizza every single day if you want it. Yep. Every single day. And we’ll teach you to become a pizza pro
Take a look at our website to learn more about our products, culture and values. If you like what you see, send in your CV with a cover letter to tell us why you want to come on board. We really like nice letters – especially ones that are personalised just for us!
Having a fantastic culture is really important to all of us at Ooni. We work hard to make it diverse and inclusive, and want everyone to have access to the same opportunities. If you would like this advert in a different format or need an alternative method of applying, please let us know. You can email us at email@example.com