📍 Fully remote role - UK based only
⏳ 40 hours per week. Monday to Friday, 9am - 6pm. There may be occasional Saturday working required during peak times which will be instead of one of your 'usual' work days and you will be given plenty of notice
🟢 Permanent Contract
💷 £20,280 - increasing to £21,424 on completion of probation
ABOUT THE ROLE
Goodlord’s mission is to provide the best renting experience in the world and we’re on the hunt for a Referencing Executive to help us achieve this.
In this role, you’ll have responsibility for working in the referencing queues. This involves making sure you are processing references and ensuring great customer service is provided to all the agents.
Our dual mission is to ensure agencies and landlords are protected from taking bets on risky tenants, whilst providing agencies and their applicants with a best-in-class customer experience.
The work our Referencing team does has a very tangible, real-world impact: moving house is a major life event and we have direct influence over an applicant’s ability to move into their chosen property.
With this great power comes great responsibility; we operate in a performance-driven environment and understand the need for process, quality and efficiency. There are a number of ways we measure performance, but here’s a taster of some of the things we will look at and measure you on:
- Productivity levels
- Quality Score
- Customer Feedback
THE DAY TO DAY STUFF:
Goodlord Referencing is a team that’s rapidly growing so what you’ll be up to will vary. The pace we move at also means priorities will change and you’ll need to be comfortable with this (we’ll support you!). These are the things that will be core to your role and will keep you busy.
- Working on phones, emails & live chat to solve referencing issues for our customers
- Processing references top to bottom, working through ID, Credit, Income, Residential sections of the application
- Placing outbound calls to referees, applicants and agents to provide them with updates
- Identifying root causes for simple issues which cause inbound & help improve the process
- Looking out for fraudulent documents
- Delivering high quality & quantity of work
*Time on phones will be a primary part of your role but no 2 days will be the same, you could be taking inbound calls for the full 8 hours or you could be assessing documents or making outbound calls.
You should apply if you:
- Comfortable working both inbound and outbound calling role with experience of working in a contact centre environment desirable. Experience in conducting KYC, Credit checks, and Identity checks is a plus but not mandatory
- Are empathetic and resilient; you enjoy the challenge of providing best in class customer service. You have previous experience working in a highly targeted and fast-moving environment.
- Have a customer centric mindset; you understand the needs of our different customers, the services they have signed up for and exceed their expectations. You have great attention to detail & can easily identify inconsistencies
- lead by example and are someone that others in the team can look up to and respect
- you’re super organised and have proven your ability to prioritise effectively and meet deadlines
- are not fazed by change; you take the rough with the smooth and take people with you on that journey
- are energetic, creative, curious and confident
- get on with everyone and anyone and adapt your style to communicate most effectively
- have a positive attitude, and work well under pressure
- embody Goodlord’s values
We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant. We knew generation rent would lead to more tenants, with higher digital expectations and we were confident we could provide a solution.
And we did. Like all high growth companies it’s been a bit of a roller coaster journey, but we’re now stronger than ever, with over 2500 happy customers and exciting new products. We have ambitious plans but with William Reeve at the helm alongside co-founder Tom Mundy and a brilliant team of over 300 talented Goodlordians we are confident we’ll achieve these.
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes (we’d never learn if we didn’t) and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect.
And this year we’re proud to have been recognised as a Great Place to work. No one likes a show off, but we can’t not shout about this. We’ve worked hard to make Goodlord great, and it’s important you know this isn’t just words on paper; Goodlordians have validated this which has led to us being accredited:
- 9th in Deloitte’s UK Technology Fast 50
- 10th Great Place to Work in the UK large-sized businesses 2022
- 23rd Wellbeing Great Place to Work in UK Large- sized businesses 2022
- 18th best workplace for Women in UK large-sized businesses 2022
- Excellence in wellbeing for our dedication to goodlordian’s wellbeing
- Verified by Flexa as a Flexified employer - Top 100 for 2022
It’s an exciting time here at Goodlord. If you’re inspired by what we’re doing, are up for a challenge and share our values, we’d love to hear from you.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE BEING A GOODLORDIAN:
Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be. Here’s a few favourites amongst Goodlordians (check out our careers page for more info).
🚀 Grow with Goodlord: your development is important to us. That’s why we have a team pot for training courses which your manager will be in charge of
🌴 Holiday: we encourage Goodlordians to make use of their time off to enjoy the world, recharge and reboot. We offer 23 day plus UK Bank Holidays.
🤗 Supporting your family: we offer Referencing Goodlordians 13 weeks of fully-paid parental leave to look after their new arrivals, in addition to statutory parental leave
🤩 Our team: we’re an energetic, sociable and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politics
Goodlord wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment. In fact one of our core values is Bring our whole selves to work which is really important to us. If there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application. Come and join us!
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this role
Strictly NO agencies please!
** Please note, as we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all Goodlordians are required to pass a thorough referencing check via Experian before joining the team. We will only ask for references at the point of making an offer **