💸 Competitive base salary plus commission - Year 1 - £34k realistic OTE
📍 Location - Primarily Remote but with at least 4 days a month in the office (either London or Sheffield, whichever is closest to you!)
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for Insurance Sales Consultants to sell tenants insurance to new movers who have used our platform in the past.
Whilst we would love for you to be experienced in high outbound calling sales, this role is not an aggressive sales role. Targets are not just based on sales but also behaviours, therefore you will be rewarded through not only sales but also activity and behaviour e.g. meeting, and ideally exceeding QA pass rates.
Your first few weeks will be in our development programme learning the ropes, the business, the industry, and the market before joining your squad to continue learning and developing your sales technique.
You will be expected to join the team at least 4 times a month in the office in order to benefit from in-person training sessions both 1-2-1 and in groups, as well as collaboration with the whole team and wider business, as well as quarterly team socials.
The day to day:
- Selling Goodlord tenants insurance products to new movers over the phone. Even though you’ll be making outbound calls and selling on the phone, this won’t be cold-calling: the tenants you’ll be reaching out to already have a relationship with Goodlord!
- Following an FCA-compliant sales process to quote and provide accurate product information without using aggressive sales tactics.
- Spearheading the provision of tenant-facing insurance products, while continuously developing processes to ensure you are as efficient as possible
- Tracking and reporting on daily progress to Head of Department
- Being part of a high performing and process-driven environment. Your success will be measured against your sales performance, your customers’ satisfaction ratings and your ability to adhere to a rigorously-regulated process
You should apply if:
- You have heaps of experience with high volume (90+ calls per day) outbound sales calls, to include closing, ideally within Insurance and/or a regulated environment
- You’re target-driven and motivated by making money
- You have experience and thrive working on a short sales cycle
- You possess great organisation skills and time management to get the most out of each day
- You have excellent spoken and written English - you get on with everyone and anyone and adapt your style to communicate most effectively with them
- You have a positive and resilient attitude, and can maintain it even when you're on the phone all day
- You have an ability to work autonomously and you’re comfortable working in a fast paced environment - especially from home
- You have strong IT literacy: you will be expected to switch between various systems and tools with speed and accurac
We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant. We knew generation rent would lead to more tenants, with higher digital expectations and we were confident we could provide a solution.
And we did. Like all high growth companies it’s been a bit of a roller coaster journey, but we’re now stronger than ever, with over 2500 happy customers and exciting new products. We have ambitious plans but with William Reeve at the helm alongside co-founder Tom Mundy and a brilliant team of over 300 talented Goodlordians we are confident we’ll achieve these.
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes (we’d never learn if we didn’t) and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect.
And we’re proud to have been recognised as a Great Place to work. No one likes a show off, but we can’t not shout about this. We’ve worked hard to make Goodlord great, and it’s important you know this isn’t just words on paper; Goodlordians have validated this which has led to us being accredited:
- 9th in Deloitte’s UK Technology Fast 50
- 10th Great Place to Work in the UK large-sized businesses
- 23rd Wellbeing Great Place to Work in UK Large- sized businesses
- 18th best workplace for Women in UK large-sized businesses 2022
- 13th best workplace for Tech in UK large-sized businesses 2022
- Excellence in wellbeing for our dedication to goodlordian’s wellbeing
- Verified by Flexa as a Flexified employer - Top 100 for 2022
It’s an exciting time here at Goodlord. If you’re inspired by what we’re doing, are up for a challenge and share our values, we’d love to hear from you.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE BEING A GOODLORDIAN
Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be. Here’s a few favourites amongst Goodlordians (check out our careers page for more info).
- 🚀 Grow with Goodlord: your development is important to us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us and you can use your £1000 annual development fund to support it. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord too
- 💞 Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
- 🌴Unlimited holiday and flexible time off: we encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge, and reboot. We also offer time off for volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passions
- 🤗Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
- 🤩 Our team: we’re an energetic, sociable, and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politics
Goodlord wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment. In fact one of our core values is Bring our whole selves to work which is really important to us. If there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application. Come and join us!
** Please note, as we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all Goodlordians are required to pass a thorough referencing check via Experian before joining the team. We will only ask for references at the point of making an offer **
Strictly NO agencies - we are not looking for extra support at this time