ABOUT ENTREPRENEUR FIRST
Entrepreneur First is the best place in the world to find your co-founder and build a startup from scratch. Every six months, we bring together and fund high-potential individuals to help them meet their co-founder, develop an idea and raise money from leading investors - as fast as possible. We call this Talent Investing. See how it works here.
The companies built at EF are now worth over $10bn. They include Tractable (a computer vision unicorn), Cleo, Omnipresent, Aztec, Airbank, Transcelestial and many more*. The portfolio is fast growing, with its companies having increased in value by more than 70% in the past year.
EF is funded and backed by some of the world's best tech founders and company builders, including Patrick and John Collison (Stripe); Reid Hoffman (LinkedIn), Tom Blomfield (GoCardless and Monzo), Sara Clemens (Pandora and Twitch); Nat Friedman (GitHub); and Matt Mullenweg (Wordpress).
Having raised our Series C round of investment at the end of last year, we are well-capitalised out to 2026, and have ambitious plans to further scale our impact over the coming years.
As an intern in the Talent team, you will be helping us attract and convince the world’s best individuals to build impactful tech startups.
Your main missions will be set around:
- Engagement and conversion: You will be given a selection of the highest-potential individuals to build relationships with. You will be meeting people who EF wants to talk to and it will be your mission to get them intrigued to meet and find out more. In line with our data-driven approach to talent acquisition, you will also be asked to monitor our dashboards and metrics and pay close attention to our KPIs.
- Community and partnerships with key stakeholders: At the heart of EF’s long term defensibility is our ability to attract the best founders. Building long term strategic relationships with key talent feeder organisations (e.g., schools, universities, research centres, student associations, French Tech ecosystem) through partnerships or networking is key. Your internship will also be a great opportunity to interact with the broader tech and venture capital community in Paris as we increasingly extend our reach.
- Admissions and onboarding operations: With two cohorts per year, it's more than 100 entrepreneurs who go through our admissions process and need clear guidance to join our platform. Candidates are our first customers and we want to make sure they have a memorable experience at EF. In the Talent Team, our mission is to make sure our admissions process is irreproachable, pleasant and clear for everyone who apply to join our platform. You will be responsible for ensuring the process runs smoothly for candidates, from the moment they apply until they sign their offer to join our next cohort.
- Events operations and marketing: We regularly run events with EF speakers and external stakeholders, and you will be responsible for ensuring the event runs smoothly. This will include leading the operations and taking responsibility for marketing. You will get the opportunity to sit in on these events and learn from inspiring entrepreneurs. You will also be in charge of creating your own content to promote our events using social media and our newsletter in order to make sure they benefit from a maximum of visibility.
- Lead generation and sourcing: EF finds exceptional individuals before they are founders. You will contribute to our sourcing efforts, identifying and contacting exceptionally talented individuals to share more about EF, ultimately leading them to apply.
YOU WILL ALSO GET TO
- Surround yourself with the world’s smartest and most ambitious individuals and have the opportunity to help develop an institution that can transform the lives of the most impactful people
- Supercharge your learning - you will have a steep learning curve and work alongside a talented, ambitious, and committed team
- Embed yourself within the EF network - we work with the best founders and investors in France
- Shadow advisory meetings with founders, including mock investor questions sessions
- Be based at Station F, at the heart of the French tech ecosystem
- Have a strong academic record
- Have a deep interest for technology, startups and venture capital
- Have already interned at a top tier company or startup
- Be fluent in both English and French (C1/C2 Level)
You should excel with process and people, be strategic but enjoy getting your hands dirty and want a fast paced role.
You should also:
- Have outstanding organisational skills
- Be an expert problem solver who thinks on their feet
- Have high EQ and enjoy working with people
- Have a strong growth mindset and actively seek ownership
- Be a strong communicator
- Be very comfortable with managing competing priorities
You will be paid 1,200 euros per month.
You will be based in EF's offices at Station F, 5 Parvis Alan Turing, 75013 Paris, with flexibility to work remotely.
START DATE AND CONTRACT LENGTH
January 2023 for 6 months