Who we are:
Our mission is to become the global standard for addressing. Street addresses weren’t designed for 2022. They aren’t accurate enough to specify building entrances, and they don’t exist for parks, rural areas and many parts of the world. This makes it hard to find places and causes problems and inefficiencies on a global scale.
That’s why we created what3words.
We divided the world into 3m squares and gave each square a unique combination of three words. It’s the easiest way to find and share precise locations.
Over the last year, what3words has been used in 193 countries, and our monthly active users continue to grow at an impressive pace. Our tech is used by emergency services, delivery companies, eCommerce businesses, ride-hailing apps and NGOs, and is integrated into the navigation systems of millions of cars around the world.
Who we're looking for:
We're looking for a designer to join our in-house studio, which forms part of the wider what3words marketing team. You’ll be helping create designs for marketing channels - working in both print and digital. You’ll be helping Design define what3words, simply, and beautifully and through compelling stories that bring our company to life.
This role involves designing a wide range of assets including brochures, digital marketing, OOH, events and web page images/design. You’ll be working collaboratively with fellow designers and marketing managers, and taking the lead on many design projects. Normal tasks will include a diverse range of work, like: designing and executing across multiple assets and platforms, file setup and export and initial web page design/push notification design in Figma.
We’re looking for a detail-oriented designer with a good understanding of how to take ideas from concept to completion, and an eye for brand standards. You’ll be hands-on, not afraid to ask questions and willing to learn and challenge yourself. You’ll be a good communicator, able to relay what’s possible within the timeframe, and comfortable working with other languages (but not having to speak them).
You’ll be joining an exciting and dynamic marketing team
Our in-house team of 35+ people is made up of marketing managers, PR, social strategists and community managers supported by our studio of writers, designers, video creators, UX designers and a traffic manager. We punch well above our weight for a small in-house team, creating consistently high level and award-winning work for ourselves as well as partner content for partner brands.
We have an open and collaborative culture, and encourage everyone to spot opportunities and bring new ideas to the table. We expect the entire team to get to grips with our strategy, and pay close attention to how our work performs in the real world, often iterating and making live changes to make sure we’ve got the most from any project.
Examples of projects you may work on include:
- Develop campaign visuals
- Design brochures and create templates
- Create image assets for PR and Press, retouching and adding elements
- Preparing files for partners/printers
- Concepting new web pages for our key business area
Equality, diversity and inclusion at what3words
Our mission is to help everyone talk about everywhere, and we believe diverse perspectives make for a better company and better products too. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups and are committed to equality and inclusivity in our hiring processes and company culture.
- 3-5 years experience in a professional design role
- Ability to lead a project to completion
- Great spoken and written English, any other languages a bonus
- Organised, with an eye for detail in a fast-paced environment
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- Strong knowledge of Adobe CC programs
- Knowledge of Figma, or similar UX programs
- Basic knowledge of retouching
- Ability to set-up and publish files (PDF, print, digital)
- Competitive salary £30,000 - £35,000
- Life insurance
- Babylon Health
- Annual health assessments
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Yulife perks and rewards
- Bupa Rewards
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- VDU eye tests
- Birthday vouchers
- Weekly lunch & learn sessions
- Regular team lunches (office benefit)
- Generous parental leave policies
- Flexible working
- 6 week remote working (work from anywhere) policy
- Office perks; free breakfast, snacks & regular team lunches
- Dog friendly office plus subscription to BorrowMyDoggy