Greenhouse is an award-winning communications agency with a mission to power positive social and environmental change. We communicate to create impact, make information mean more, and share stories to inspire positive change.
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced PA/Office Manager who is passionate about sustainability and wants to support a busy and impactful mission-focused team, based in our London office.
The successful candidate will provide PA support to our CEO and MD, as well as ensuring the smooth running of our London office.
Roles and responsibilities
- Planning ahead and helping to prepare CEO/MD for upcoming events or meetings.
- Responsible for the proactive management of inbox and calendar for CEO/MD.
- Anticipates diary/calendar changes and responds accordingly, including anticipating necessary pre-brief or debrief meetings.
- Responds to emails and is empowered to make decisions on behalf of CEO/MD.
- Sources information/documents and pre-brief material from relevant sources ahead of meetings to prepare CEO/MD.
- Actively finds solutions to enable CEO/MD to complete tasks or attend meetings.
- Supports senior leadership team with their clients and teams and where necessary providing administrative, presentation or research support to ensure client projects can be delivered at times of time pressure or resource constraints.
- Develops high quality documents e.g. credentials/presentations/agendas/letters.
- Advisory role on company policies and procedures and in-depth knowledge of different business practices, leadership teams and specialist skills, knowing who to go to for what.
- Manages business-sensitive information in a professional manner and maintains highest levels of confidentiality.
- Regularly reviews and when necessary develops and implements new administrative systems to improve effectiveness of team.
- Supports on financials, maintaining financial forecasts and overseeing issues on invoicing.
- Responsible for managing office facilities, supplies and moves/refurbishments.
- Ensures all office related expenditure is regularly monitored against budget.
- Manage the various supplier contracts including cleaners, stationery, printers, couriers.
- Conducts regular reviews of all supplier contracts to ensure commercial terms are competitive and regularly negotiates on pricing of supplies.
- Manage meeting room booking system.
- Manage the renewal of all relevant licenses.
- Manage all property insurance claims.
- Ensure compliance with all legal Health & Safety and fire regulations and equipment.
- Arrange regular PAT testing for all electrical equipment and safety devices.
- Regular liaison with landlords and attends tenants’ meetings.
- Ensures condition and appearance of offices are monitored on an on-going basis and co-ordinates repairs when necessary.
- Flexible and adaptable in taking on new tasks or supporting other areas of the business when required.
- Supports a learning culture and plays an active role in sharing knowledge and insight, as well as attending relevant training.
- Committed and enthusiastic and creates an environment which is client-centric, focused and reflects the importance of our mission.
Skills and experience
- Personable, efficient, motivated, with potential for growth opportunity in the business.
- Highly organised and adept at prioritising your workload and juggling competing deadlines.
- Self-starter who learns quickly and is able to use their initiative.
- Flexible and able to adapt to the needs of a small but growing team.
- Proven experience supporting business leaders in senior management roles.
- Able to pre-empt issues/problems before they arise and remain solutions focused.
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications – especially Excel and PowerPoint – with a keen eye for design and fastidious attention to detail.
- Experience of finance, timesheets and billing, ideally in an agency environment.
- Loves working in a busy environment and taking a leadership role across teams.
- Can-do attitude and a natural fixer.
- Proven passion for making a positive difference to the environment, the community and the world around us.
Salary and Benefits
- £30-40K per annum (dependant on experience).
- Flexible working: core hours 10am-4pm
- 30 days holiday (25 days standard, plus your birthday and office closure between
- Christmas and New Year).
- Additional paid holiday for Slow Travel (traveling via means other than flight).
- Extensive internal training and development programme.
- Bupa private healthcare.
- Access to Bupa cashplan (savings on everyday healthcare expenses such as dental).
- Ethical pension scheme with Aviva (7% employer contributions, 5% employee).
- £100 annual budget for creative development.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Benefit in kind EV car club.
- Bi-weekly yoga classes.
- Office perks such as breakfast, organic fruit.
- Summer and Christmas away days on organic farms/values led venues.
- Greenhouse is an award-winning agency, we have won or been highly commended in the Business Green Awards Best Green Communications Agency for the last 10 years in a row, Best Specialist Agency in the PRCA awards, and finalist in PR Week Best Specialist Agency.
- We are 50+ consultants in London and Bristol, working on global campaigns and cutting edge technologies in energy, nature and climate finance, including Mission Innovation, the UN (Sustainable Energy for All), Google, Nature 4 Climate and the Green Finance Initiative.
- We are a B Corp, committed to ensuring that our business is a force for good. We give 1% of our profits to charity and deliver equivalent of 10% of our profits pro bono on the issues that matter.
- We are a vibrant, fast-growing communications agency and have tripled in size in the last three years.
How to apply
Please get in touch with your CV and a cover letter telling us about why you are interested and what you would bring to the role to email@example.com The diversity of our workforce is important to us, and we particularly encourage candidates from Black, Asian and Ethnically Diverse backgrounds or Disabled, D/deaf and/or neurodivergent people.
The diversity of our workforce is important to us, and we particularly encourage candidates from Black, Asian and Ethnically Diverse backgrounds or Disabled, D/deaf and/or neurodivergent people. To help us track the background of our applicants, we would appreciate you completing a short survey along with your application. This will also help us to offer you the appropriate support if you are successfully invited for an interview.