Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
Having closed our Series B funding in April 2021, and looking ahead to our Series C, we're excited about the next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world. We’re a fast-growing team with over 170 Unminders across London, Sydney and New York and would love for you to join us as our Strategic Account Manager.
Uniting Behind Uniqueness
One of our values is “Unite Behind Uniqueness” based on the belief that humans are endlessly unique and their opportunities are equally important. In order to fulfil our mission, we want our team to represent the diversity of our users which is why we’re committed to building an inclusive workplace where we encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. We want to foster a culture where everybody feels included, heard, and equal – regardless of age, disability, gender, neurodiversity, marital or parental status, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
If there are any adjustments we can make that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply or email us at email@example.com.
The Role – Strategic Account Manager
The Strategic Account Management team plays a critical role in supporting the next phase of Growth for Unmind. As we transition from a single product to a multi-product company, with an ever-expanding set of competitors and client stakeholders, it is crucial that we focus on the commercial growth of our existing client base. The Account Management Team sits between the Client Success and New Business Sales Teams and is targeted primarily on Net Revenue Retention,(NRR), achieved through a combination of Cross-Sell, Expansion, and Renewals. You will partner closely with the Client Success Team to ensure we are supporting our client’s value drivers and aligning to their people strategy/objectives, enabling us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Closely collaborate with the Client Success team across your assigned client portfolio to build and execute on pipeline, and ensure client value appreciation, client retention and growth.
- Develop Strategic Account Plans to drive mutually accountable actions aimed at generating revenue growth. You will be responsible for reviewing these regularly with your account team to ensure alignment to the client value drivers, stakeholder engagement plan, Executive Sponsor coverage, and pipeline cultivation.
- Forging and building impactful relationships with economic buyers, and other senior stakeholders responsible for securing funding for wellbeing initiatives.
- Management of the contract renewal process, including effective value reporting to support revenue growth and churn mitigation.
- In tandem with the Client Success Manager, work with the Product and Support teams to deliver and act on valuable insights and feedback from our buyers.
- Build and document a solid understanding of the success drivers and key health metrics that maximise client retention, revenue growth, relationship and reference-ability.
- Demonstrating commercial excellence at every stage of the sales process - pitching, opportunity management, territory management and accurate forecasting.
- Ensure that all client contractual obligations are being met while managing contractual risks appropriately.
- Lead regular executive briefings as it relates to Unmind economics/value delivery to ensure Executive Sponsorship coverage of C-level client stakeholders (along with Unmind Stakeholders, including Client Success Manager).
We encourage you to remove education from your CV upon application as qualifications are not a driving factor in our decision making and we are committed to tackling educational inequality. We firmly believe that no one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. However, some experience in the following is important for this position:
- Able to demonstrate a great track record in senior sales role(s) within a B2B software environment, with proven sustained closing experience.
- Proven ability to manage a large-scale sales pipeline, identifying and closing software deals of at least £50,000 in annual contract value and up.
- Insatiable curiosity; you will need to know every nook and cranny of our sales and marketing landscape, our value proposition and the competitor landscape.
- Ability to strike the perfect balance between being persistent and relentless, ensuring that we are always at the forefront of the minds of the key stakeholders in our target accounts.
- Articulate communicator, both verbal and written – with the confidence to challenge the status quo internally and objection handle externally.
- Confident and authoritative, but never perceived as arrogant.
- Experience in commanding an audience as small as one, but as large as 40+, both in person and over video conference
- Autonomous attitude (you do not require (or like) micro-management).
- Comfortable working in an environment of rapid growth, constant change, and lots of unknowns.
- Hungry to make Unmind the global category leader within workplace mental health.
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on our careers page, but they include:
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Unmind Equity scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off and celebration days
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Dog-friendly workplace