We’re on a mission to level the playing field when it comes to young people finding and applying for their next step after school. We're achieving this by bringing all the available information into one single, impartial, user-friendly platform that helps students to make the best choices, and submit the strongest applications. We also empower teachers and counsellors to manage the progression process effectively.
Our outlook is global - we work with schools and universities all over the world, from the US to New Zealand, and from Italy to Hong Kong. We want to make it so that young people can compare every opportunity taught in English, wherever it is in the world, and have all the support they need to make successful applications.
We have a clear social purpose, and we’re hugely ambitious. We already work with nearly half of UK secondary schools, and hundreds of international schools. We are growing rapidly in terms of the number of our customers, in terms of how much they use our platform, and in terms of the breadth of products we offer.
Our team is at the heart of our business and is integral to our success. We work hard to foster a culture of openness, happiness and innovation, and we commit to helping every individual learn and grow so that they can reach their full potential. We want to hire talented people, whatever their background. If you are excited by our mission and are ready to work hard, please don’t hesitate to apply. We look forward to hearing from you!
We believe in the power of diversity. If you are from an ethnic minority background, we would like to strongly encourage you to apply. In advance of applying if you have any questions about working at Unifrog, please contact our Diversity Champions, Hannah and Farhana.
The role and your key responsibilities
As Recruitment Lead, you’ll be joining Unifrog at an exciting time of growth. In the last year alone, we’ve increased the size of our team by over 40%, and we’re looking to expand further in the next few years as we continue to grow. Your role will involve: attracting and appointing a diverse range of outstanding applicants; continuing our recruitment ethos of providing candidates with a positive application experience, even if they’re unsuccessful; and supporting new team members to have the best start possible to their Unifrog careers. Your key responsibilities:
- Build upon and shape our current recruitment ethos, including:
o Always being transparent with salaries and benefits.
o Anonymising applications to reduce unconscious bias.
o Creating well-designed tasks that test skills relevant to the role.
o Giving specific and practical feedback that candidates can take forward.
- Think creatively about how we advertise positions to reach the ideal target audience, and work with recruiters to source high quality candidates.
- Write, edit and improve our job descriptions.
- Lead on recruitment training for line managers and meet with them to understand the brief for each new role.
- Sift candidates using our anonymous in-house applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Organise all interview stages and lead interview panels.
- Onboard all new starters alongside the relevant line manager (e.g. complete employee contracts; create and edit induction timetables; set up logins and purchase equipment; acquire references and DBS checks).
- Work closely with our marketing team to promote Unifrog as an employer.
This year we’ve been recognised by Escape the City as one of their top 100 employers, and we’ve also just been certified by Great Place to Work. You can see our excellent employee reviews on Glassdoor.
- Analyse applicant data to find out how effective we are at attracting a high-quality pool of diverse candidates, and continue to refine our recruitment systems and strategies.
You’ll be working closely with our DEI Champions to make sure the recruitment process is as fair and inclusive as possible.
Essential skills and characteristics
- 1-2 years’ experience within a recruitment team.
You don’t necessarily need to have been the key person leading on recruitment, you just need to have a solid understanding of, and experience in, the recruitment process. Above all, we look for readiness and ability to learn, so if you’re unsure, please feel free to get in touch.
- An interest in diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Confident working independently but happy to ask for support when it’s needed.
- Personable and able to maintain strong professional relationships.
- Extremely well organized and efficient.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- An interest in education, careers, and development.
- Proactive attitude and willingness to get stuck in. You need to be excited about going beyond the core responsibilities detailed above to improve what we do and make it a success.
You will be joining a team of highly motivated people who are passionate about our mission of helping students to find the best next step for them after school. If this excites you and you’re an energetic person who is willing to learn, then we’d love to hear from you.
You’ll work closely with our current HR, Operations and Finance team, including our: Finance Lead, People and Development Lead, and People and Finance Assistant. As you’ll be leading on the appointment and onboarding of new starters, you’ll also have regular contact with leaders across all of our teams, including data, content, marketing. You’ll be line managed by the Head of Finance and Operations.
- Join one of ‘the best organisations to escape to in 2022’ and help transform careers and destinations in schools.
- Become part of a committed, dynamic and growing team. We want to build the team at Unifrog for the long term – if you do well, we will do our best to make you want to stay at the company for a long time.
- Professional development is important at Unifrog. You will define your own 6-month objectives and will be supported by your line manager and the rest of the team to achieve them. You will have an annual training allowance to spend on what you need to grow and progress.
- Influence the company’s direction: we love to promote great ideas, wherever they come from.
For further details of the excellent benefits we offer our staff (including long-term service bonuses, enhanced parental pay, and a health and fitness allowance), please see the jobs page of our website.
- £35,802 per annum (Grade B), plus a share in a company-wide performance bonus.
- 28 days paid holiday per year (plus bank holidays).
- Working hours are 8:30am to 5:30pm, Monday to Thursday, and 9am to 4:30pm on Friday.
- Work remotely or in our London office.
- Start date: as soon as possible, though we will be flexible for the right candidate.
- To discuss any details about the role before applying please contact Stephen (details on our website).
- To discuss working at Unifrog from a diversity perspective please contact Hannah or Farhana (details on our website).
- We can only consider candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
- Deadline: 22:00 (GMT) on Monday 31st October 2022.
- To apply, please visit our website to upload your CV and complete the questions and tasks below:
i. Why do you want to work for Unifrog? (200 words)
ii. With reference to the job description, what makes you an excellent candidate for this role? (500 words)
- The next stage of the application process will be a short task over the phone. We will schedule these tasks throughout the application window so we encourage you to apply early.
- Final interviews will be held by video call, w/c 14th November 2022.
Inclusion and diversity at Unifrog
Within the company we try to foster a culture of innovation, and a happy working environment, both because this is the right thing to do, and because we think this results in the most effective team. To this end we believe in open communication, celebrating successes, supporting each other, not being afraid to be wrong or to fail, and promoting good ideas wherever they come from. We also believe in the power of diversity in all its forms, including in terms of culture, education history, religion, age, socio-economic background, race, gender, sexual orientation, personality, life experiences and disability. We want to encourage applicants from every different background to apply for our roles, and add their perspectives to our team.