Action Against Hunger is building a world where no-one dies from hunger. Life-threatening hunger is predictable, preventable and treatable, so a world without it is possible.
We are recruiting for a New Partnerships Officer who will identify and secure new partnerships from sectors including Beverages, Travel and Retail. The purpose of the role is to secure meetings, go out and engage corporates, pitching creative and compelling propositions, with the ultimate objective of securing new partnerships and reaching personal targets.
This is an important role in the Fundraising & Communications department, which has big ambitions to double income by 2025. The position will positively impact the lives of those in the UK, in Ukraine, and in 50 other countries around the world. We offer hybrid working and flexible working hours.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Secure new high-value partners for Action Against Hunger
- Be accountable for bringing in a fixed income
- Develop sector strategies, keeping fully abreast of trends and developments in target industries
- Lead on approaches to prospective partners, creating and delivering high quality, innovative and engaging proposals/pitches, ensuring a tailored approach to all
- Build a high value pipeline of dynamic prospects and manage the progression of opportunities, accurately capturing data
- Secure meetings with leading brands through appropriate and proactive prospecting methods
- Provide regular and quality financial data including KPI reporting, aligned with Action Against Hunger’s new business budget, working towards ambitious targets
- Support the Senior New Business Manager in developing and implementing Action Against Hunger’s new business strategy, with a focus on securing long-term partnerships
- Collaborate with teams from across Action Against Hunger UK to gather compelling programmatic content for proposals and exciting marketing campaigns with stories to share
- Ensure a smooth transition of corporate relationships across the Accounts team
- Work collaboratively across the global Action Against Hunger movement to share ideas and progress new global partnership opportunities
- A willingness to step up and take on cause-related marketing management, as well as providing the team with administrative support
- A willingness to work flexibly and attend events outside of core hours/weekends
· Experience of winning new business or securing sales
· Proven experience of exceeding targets
· Demonstrable ability to analyse and respond to trends
· Experience of pitching and negotiating with high level decision makers
· Experience of being an ambassador for an organisation and presenting the organisation’s work to difference audiences, including large groups of staff or customers
· Experience in communicating (both verbally and in writing) complex technical information into easily accessible material
· Experience of writing high quality, tailored presentations and proposals for a corporate audience
· Demonstrable experience or personal commitment to promoting Fairness, Respect, Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Engagement in the workplace
You have the opportunity to make this role your own and to progress within the organisation. You'll also get the chance to travel and visit our compelling projects.
We look forward to hearing from you!