Are you passionate about languages, education and technology and want to work in one of the world's best EdTech scale-ups? Then join us and be part of an ambitious and talented team that revolutionises how we learn languages.
Busuu is one of the top EdTech companies in the world and has won numerous awards for its innovation and impact in language learning.
Busuu’s vision is to empower everyone in the world through languages. We are the world’s largest online community for language learning, with more than 120+ million users from 190 countries, growing at up to 20,000 new users per day. We make learning a language easy by combining AI-powered courses with instant feedback from our global community of native speakers and live tutoring from qualified teachers across the world.
In January 2022, Busuu was acquired by one of the largest EdTech companies in the world, Chegg (NYSE:CHGG). Being part of Chegg will help us to accelerate our growth and achieve our vision even faster.
If you are interested in EdTech and want to be a part of a mission-driven organisation then we would like to hear from you.
We’re looking for a Head of CRM to strengthen the Marketing leadership team, bringing our customers into sharper focus as we continue to grow at pace. Passionate about delivering positive customer experiences, you will lead a CRM marketing dream team to drive customer retention, lifetime value and referrals.
Leveraging customer insights and analytics, you will act as the voice of the customer within the business, identifying opportunities to enhance the learner experience and improve loyalty through improved targeting and personalisation. From acquisition to renewal, you will identify opportunities to increase engagement throughout the customer lifecycle, promoting relevant content, products and offers.
- Lead a high performing CRM team covering email, push and in-app channels.
- Develop an integrated CRM strategy, focussing on opportunities to improve customer activation, retention, lifetime value and referrals.
- Own all customer retention tactics and deliver best practice in CRM, Segmentation, Customer Insight, Loyalty and community programmes. Working closely with Product, Marketing, Engineering and Education teams to ensure consistency of messaging.
- Partner across product and marketing to optimise the customer journey in order to increase conversion, engagement and revenue, and to reduce churn.
- Working closely with the customer analytics team, develop a deep understanding of learner attitudes and behaviours. From this analysis, create a central audience strategy to inform activity across all channels and lifecycle stages.
- Own the marketing technology agenda, ensuring we leverage the right tools to support dynamic, personalised customer experiences.
- Working closely with the creative studio, ensure the team has ongoing MVT with the aim to improve engagement rates and performance.
- Be the customer champion within the business, sharing insights, best practise and results.
- +7 years in CRM, with 3+years in a leadership position with demonstrated success.
- Experience working within a global and mobile first business is vital.
- Experience working for a technology-focussed business, and adept at partnering with product developers, engineers and analysts.
- Expert and hands-on experience of ESPs/ CRM platforms, customer data migration and how tech stacks come together across the digital disciplines.
- In-depth understanding of customer journeys and how best to optimise and improve.
- You will be naturally curious, with the ability to ask the right questions in order to optimise the customer experience.
- A blend of analyst and leader, you will enjoy reviewing insights as much as inspiring your team to be creative and deliver growth.
- A second language, or experience of learning languages, would be an advantage.
At Busuu we want to ensure that you have access to some great benefits:
- Our centrally located offices are well-equipped with free breakfast, plenty of snacks, fresh fruit, and free dinner of your choice if you need to stay late.
- Busuu offers a great Private Health Insurance scheme.
- There is a personal training budget just for you, so you can learn more in your field to ensure our employees can continuously grow and progress in their careers.
- We like to support our teams with their work-life balance so we offer flexible working hours and a hybrid model of working.
- We offer enhanced maternity and paternity leave.
- Staying connected as a team is very important to us, so we have lots of social activities for you to join such a team lunches, Friday socials, quarterly team, and company events.
What happens next
We aim to have a simple and speedy hiring process and we want to make sure that we are right for you as much as the other way around. The hiring process consists of the following steps:
- CV application review - We will review it as quickly as possible
- Let’s chat - Quick chat with our recruiter about your experience and the role
- Test - An at home to show off your skills
- Video call - With the hiring manager
- Interview - 1-2 hour interview to meet the team
Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. We pride ourselves on embracing our differences, whether they're cultural, racial, religious or otherwise. This means each one of us comes to work knowing that we have a voice – and a safe, judgement-free zone to speak freely.
If you like the sound of that, join us. We'd love to hear what you have to say.