Title: 2X Certification Lead
Report to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Global (remote)
Start date: as soon as possible
Term: This is a temporary contract position until December 31, 2023. With an opportunity to extend or convert to a permanent position subject to additional funding being secured.
We are looking for a mission-aligned, and highly motivated 2X Certification Lead to take the 2X standard setting work to the next level. In this crucial role, you will lead a highly collaborative co-creation process to develop a global industry-endorsed 2X Certification mechanism across diverse target audiences: companies, funds, financial institutions, institutional investors, and instruments and products like gender bonds or sustainability-linked loans. You will establish a certification body under the 2X Collaborative and develop strategic partnerships with a network of certification partners.
In addition, the 2X Certification Lead will engage with the leading standard-setting organisations currently focused on developing sustainability standards for the finance industry (e.g., ISSB, GRI, GIIN/IRIS+) to ensure that the 2X certification framework is captured and aligned across to the greatest extent possible.
We are looking for a person who thrives in a global, digital organisation as 2X Collaborative is a diverse and growing team that is truly global and working remotely from all parts of the world.
- Lead a co-creation process with investment practitioners, target audience (‘user’) representatives and key stakeholders to develop a 2X Certification mechanism for distinct audiences: 1) companies (differentiating for SMEs and corporates), 2) funds, 3) financial institutions, 4) institutional investors and 5) instruments and products like gender bonds or sustainability-linked loans
- Guide the development of the 2X Certification mechanism for these distinct audiences in collaboration with partners; co-create the data component of the certification with our strategic data partner Equilo and the ‘intentionality’ component (i.e., due diligence on how gender is meaningfully integrated across the business value chain/ investment cycle) in collaboration with several key partners
- Establish a 2X Certification Body under the 2X Collaborative and develop strategic partnerships with a network of certification partners globally, including with industry bodies, standard setting organisations and rating agencies, as well as field-building organisations, gender specialists and gender lens investing advisory firms
- Lead on the implementation of the first pilot certification projects in collaboration with partners
- Manage Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) for the 2X Certification mechanism
- Engage with industry stakeholders (ISSB, GRI, GIIN/IRIS+) to ensure industry alignment.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Solid background and professional experience in standard setting initiatives and certification mechanisms; a master’s degree and 8+ years of relevant professional experience strongly preferred
- Keen understanding of, or ability to get up to speed on, the 2X Criteria and underlying indicators, as well as their existing harmonisation with other standards and frameworks such as IRIS+; experience in impact management and measurement (IMM)
- Strong familiarity with major ESG, impact and sustainable finance frameworks and standard-setting initiatives in the global financial and investment space; familiarity with instruments like gender bonds or sustainability-linked loans as well as other certification mechanisms like B-Corp highly desirable
- Keen understanding of the global field of gender lens investing across markets, asset classes, regions, sectors and financial instruments
- Creative relationship building, facilitation and communication skills across diverse and global stakeholder audiences
- Self-starter, highly motivated and takes initiative to achieve common goals in collaboration with others; strong team player who strives in a collaborative environment
- Very strong alignment with and passion for the mission of the 2X Collaborative
MISSION & VALUES
The 2X Collaborative’s vision is to transform systems of finance as a powerful tool to drive intersectional gender parity, inclusive economies and sustainability. To this end, we convene and equip investors to increase the volume and impact of capital directed towards gender equality & women’s empowerment and to transform investor cultures to embed gender in all investment frameworks.
As a global organisation at the forefront of gender-smart investing with an intersectional lens, we are deeply committed to walking the talk on diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. We are convinced that organisations thrive when diverse perspectives and experiences come together. An organisational culture that truly values this diversity is at the core of our DNA. We welcome all applicants regardless of sex, gender, race, ethnicity, age, ability, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or educational background.
- A salary range of USD 75,000 – USD 95,000, depending on the candidate's experience and credentials
- The structure of the employment relationship for this temporary role will be considered in collaboration with the successful candidate. This will determine employment benefits and options available. 2X Collaborative is proud to offer employment benefits and pay through a payroll provider in the local currency of the candidate if chosen.
- Flexible work hours with the understanding that we are a global team and will need to collaborate across different time zones within reason
- Generous vacation package to promote positive work-life balance for our employees