The Real Wild Estates Company Ltd (Real Wild Estates – RWE) is a unique land management company focused on large scale nature restoration and biodiversity recovery (often called rewilding) in the UK. Equity-backed by a multi-billion-pound global corporation, RWE is seeking to work with UK landholders and natural capital investors to restore nature and bio-abundance, and reintroduce native species, in order to recover lost ecosystems and ecosystem services.
To help deliver on our nature restoration ambitions the business is recruiting a Head of Rewilding Investments to work as a member of the small and pioneering team. This is a unique opportunity to join one of the most exciting, relevant, and leading UK businesses within the nascent nature based solutions (NBS) sectors, helping financial institutions and HNWI to invest at the cutting edge of this new asset class with the company’s expansive nature recovery vision going forward.
Date Job Published: 11th October 2022
Job Description & responsibilities:
- Capital raising, deal structuring and client prospecting for investors (ranging from high net worth to financial institutions) interested in UK natural capital and nature-based solutions to Net Zero and soon, nature related impact disclosure (TNFD)
- Guide investors through due diligence processes, including completing diligence requests, handling relevant follow-up, coordinating investment due diligence meetings and liaising with various functional leads within the organization.
- Track activities, client dialogue/pipeline and maintain contact information in CRM system to support fundraising processes
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of natural capital, ecosystem services, and carbon markets (alongside evolving competitive landscape).
- Work on cross functional projects, which may include new product & business development initiatives.
- Represent RWE at client-facing events and meetings, speak and write about relevant topics and represent RWE at public events as required.
Desired education, skills, experience and outlook
- From 7 to 10 years’ experience in investment management capital-raising, from small family offices and institutional funders, or other related fields. Strong family office network particulary valuable
- Proficient writing skills, with proven expertise in creating and reviewing high-quality written documents and presentations; specifically an ability to develop cogent stories/messaging.
- Advanced stakeholder and client management skills
- Understanding of environmental sustainability challenges, ideally in the natural capital, biodiversity, and/or land use sector.
- Working knowledge of carbon and ecosystem service markets
- Experience in real estate and land investment valuable
- Demonstrable commercial skills and good business sense so as to be able to identify and seize opportunities in a challenging and competitive market environment, including structuring investment vehicles to meet investor demand.
- Exceptional relationship building, interpersonal and communication skills
- Diligent, reliable, driven and proactive
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively with teams
- Comfortable operating in a small, pioneering, unstructured, non-hierarchical, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills
- Experience in buy side/asset management and deal structuring is a plus
- Master’s Degree in economics, finance or equivalent
CONTRACT & PAY
Salary: Competitive salary package, based on market rates and experience (pro rata). Discretionary transaction bonus
Start Date : Soon as possible
Contract Type: This is a part time position (circa 2 days a week), with scope for full time dependent on market and performance.
Location: Remote working principally, with some co-working days in Bath/Bristol region and travel required to London and South West base.
Candidates will be shortlisted as soon as the review process is complete, leading to a two interview process.