About UpSkill Digital
UpSkill Digital - founded in 2015 - is on a mission to empower all people around the world to succeed in the digital age.Through human-centred, experiential learning programmes, we work with businesses and communities - supported by a global network of coaches, trainers and digital experts - to empower people and stimulate economies from a grassroots level.
Working at UpSkill
Working at UpSkill is more than ‘just another job’, it’s a chance to build something that matters with a team that truly cares. You’ll get the freedom, tools and support to bring your best self to work, and make an impact where it matters most.
We offer you an abundance of benefits and initiatives that actually matter such as:
- Access to annual learning grants so you can take control of your learning and development journey.
- Early Friday finishes because you deserve it!
- Unlimited paid holiday.
- Agile working environment - we aren't worried about where you work from as long as you get what you need to get done.
- Referral, commission and bonus schemes (money is a motivator after all)
- Well-being initiatives and jam-packed social schedule for the chance to build real, meaningful relationships.
- Strong tech set up, whether you are working from home or decide to visit our London office!
So, if you're looking for a change and you're ready for a challenge, then get in touch!
About the challenge
The purpose of this role is to assist the Production Manager with operational tasks across the entire video production cycle from pre-production matters to filming and post-production. They will also support client scoping and relationship management.
In particular, the video production assistant will support all scheduling requirements for film shoots including the scouting and booking of venues, management of the film set and crew, recruitment of actors/extras, hiring of equipment/props and more. They will also provide support with post-production matters, including editing of footage and audio, colour grading and overall quality control.
The ideal candidate is therefore adept at project management, client/vendor relationship management and video editing.
What does success look like?
- 2+ years of work experience in video production and editing
- A portfolio containing examples of previous work that can be shared and reviewed during the application process
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working on film sets and managing shoots
- Ability to translate briefs into proposals and storyboards
- Strong communication and project management skills
- Successful track record working in a close team environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritise activities effectively while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- A true self-starter who brings a willingness to be hands-on throughout daily activities
- A flexible approach and ability to operate in a fast-moving and demanding environment
- Full proficiency in English (additional languages would also be extremely beneficial)
What are some of the things I will be doing?
- Work with the Production Manager to liaise with clients and understand/implement their requirements and expectations
- Support the Production Manager with department resourcing (actors, freelancers) and overall project management and budgeting processes
- Join in creative brainstorming sessions designed to ensure we create content and products that are market-leading
- Assist with the day-to-day running of the department
- Oversee the delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on-time, to a high standard and within budget
- Scout and book locations/venues for each shoot
- Book filming crew, actors, voice overs, props and kit
- Organise filming logistics for national and international shoots, and compile shooting schedules
- Ensure set dressing & wardrobe meets clients requirements
- Manage the set during shoots, checking scripts & shot lists & ensuring actors and crew have what they need on the day
- Have a working knowledge of video cameras & assist with filming of content if required
- Work with the Production Manager to ensure production costs stay true to expectations and projects are delivered on-time
- Ensure we have sufficient equipment and that it is stored correctly
- Work alongside editors, motion graphic artists and animators to deliver projects
- Set up post-production projects, sync footage, source SFX if required, stock footage and music
- Edit video content using Adobe Premiere Pro to a high standard ensuring content is well paced, graphics are used effectively and the overall video meets the client’s brief
- Create final edits, implementing client feedback on edits
- Re-skin or version content for multiple platforms, including social media and have a basic understanding of the different requirements for each
- Have a working knowledge of Camera Raw / Lightroom & Photoshop for both photo editing, graphics & composites
- Have a working knowledge of After Effects
- Create simple animations using tools such as Vyond
- Create and QA video captions against scripts
- QA all video content
Does this sound like you? Then get involved!
We would love to get a feel for your approach and personality so if you feel you would be a great fit, please submit your application. We believe in transparency here at UpSkill so we wanted to share a little more about our recruitment process:
- The first stage is a 30 minute informal chat so we can get to know you and understand your motivations to join us
- We will give you a chance to show off your skills through a test specifically designed for the role
- Finally, you will have a last stage interview with a team member from another department to ensure that we are not being biased in our approach
UpSkill Digital is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer. All relevant and qualified applicants will be considered regardless of religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability and age.