About UpSkill Digital
UpSkill Digital - founded in 2015 - is on a mission to empower all people around the world to succeed in the digital age.Through human-centred, experiential learning programmes, we work with businesses and communities - supported by a global network of coaches, trainers and digital experts - to empower people and stimulate economies from a grassroots level.
Working at UpSkill
Working at UpSkill is more than ‘just another job’, it’s a chance to build something that matters with a team that truly cares. You’ll get the freedom, tools and support to bring your best self to work, and make an impact where it matters most.
We offer you an abundance of benefits and initiatives that actually matter such as:
- Access to annual learning grants so you can take control of your learning and development journey.
- Early Friday finishes because you deserve it!
- Unlimited paid holiday.
- Agile working environment - we aren't worried about where you work from as long as you get what you need to get done.
- Referral, commission and bonus schemes (money is a motivator after all)
- Well-being initiatives and jam-packed social schedule for the chance to build real, meaningful relationships.
- Strong tech set up, whether you are working from home or decide to visit our London office!
So, if you're looking for a change and you're ready for a challenge, then get in touch!
About the challenge
The Graphic Designer will report into our Production Manager and will work across a number of different projects and tasks within the business. These include support with PPT/Google Slides deck redesigns, creation of static toolkits and downloadable one-page assets, creation of social media content and support with graphic/motion graphic design within our video products.
This is a varied role and requires someone with a skill set across 2D graphic design, motion graphics, animation and illustration.
We want to be at the forefront of engaging, eye-catching design and our aim is to hire a graphic designer who can take our resources to the next level!
What does success look like?
- 2+ years of work experience in graphic design
- A portfolio containing examples of previous work that can be shared and reviewed during the application process
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to translate briefs into proposals and storyboards
- Proven graphic designing experience
- A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Degree in Design, Fine Arts or related field is a plus
- Experience in motion graphics
- Strong communication and project management skills
- Successful track record working in a close team environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritise activities effectively while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- A true self-starter who brings a willingness to be hands-on throughout daily activities
- A flexible approach and ability to operate in a fast-moving and demanding environment
- Full proficiency in English (additional languages would also be extremely beneficial)
What are some of the things I will be doing?
- Study client or in-house design briefs and determine project requirements
- Conceptualise visuals based on requirements, prepare rough drafts/proposals and present these back to both client and in-house teams
- Edit PPT and Google Slides decks to ensure our materials are visually appealing and on-brand
- Create toolkits and downloadable one-page resources
- Create social media posts, Gifs and short clips
- Design and build short animations
- Support with the redesign of our master decks, ensuring we include moving elements and more eye-catching, templated design assets
- Develop bespoke illustrations, logos and other designs using software or by hand
- Ensure all graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand. Use the appropriate colours and layouts for each graphic
- Come up with creative solutions to briefs and work with our team to constantly evolve our design offering
- Support our video team with graphics/motion graphics elements and visuals for their projects
Does this sound like you? Then get involved!
We would love to get a feel for your approach and personality so if you feel you would be a great fit, please submit your application. We believe in transparency here at UpSkill so we wanted to share a little more about our recruitment process:
- The first stage is a 30 minute informal chat so we can get to know you and understand your motivations to join us
- We will give you a chance to show off your skills through a test specifically designed for the role
- Finally, you will have a last stage interview with a team member from another department to ensure that we are not being biased in our approach
UpSkill Digital is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer. All relevant and qualified applicants will be considered regardless of religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability and age.