Multi-Drop Delivery Driver – Aylesford, KENT
What we offer:
- • Salary of £23,100 per annum (FTE) + KPI bonus up to £1,600 + Productivity bonuses
- • This is a full-time position, Monday – Friday (no weekend work!)
- • Flexible working options considered
- • 28 days holiday per annum, inclusive of bank holidays (FTE)
- • A free box of fruit and veg every week (it’s pretty delicious!)
- • Up to 35% discount on A&C products
- • Cycle to Work Scheme
- • Contributory pension scheme
Who are we?
Abel & Cole has pioneered organic, ethical, and sustainable food delivery for over 30 years. Doing things better is our bread and butter; from saving over 60 million plastic bags by using reusable boxes for our food deliveries, to finding alternatives to plastic long before it hit the headlines. We are forever challenging ourselves to find the most positive way to do business and want everyone to eat organic because it’s one way to save the future. It’s these values that enabled us to become B Corp certified; an optional audit we’ve gone through to recognise how we put people and planet before profit, as well as help us find room for further improvement.
We’re looking for more people to join our team of almost 700, to share our passion for doing the right thing even bigger and better than we do already. In a fast paced and competitive market, we know it’s our people who make the difference. We’ve learnt how important it is to recognise, develop and promote from within; and that trusting people lets them come up with the best ideas and that helps our entrepreneurial spirit to thrive.
Reporting to the Depot Supervisor and acting as an ambassador for Abel & Cole, this is a fantastic opportunity to join an award-winning team that is passionate about delivering top quality, organic produce direct to the customer’s door. As a Multi Drop Delivery Driver, you will have the chance to add value to our existing driving team, provide feedback to a management structure that values your input and enacts change as needed, all the while ensuring that our customers receive a service which is second to none.
We will, of course, offer you full training and support to help you develop in your role alongside a host of benefits, not least of which the ability to take your delivery van home with you at the end of the day – just another little thing we do! If you are looking for something new, then read on to find out more:
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Ensure that customer deliveries take place in an efficient, accurate and timely manner.
- Exceed customer expectations by giving an exemplary and personalised service.
- Ensure you reflect our values and principles, acting as an ambassador of Abel & Cole.
- Always drive safely and courteously.
- Maintain a clean, tidy, and professional appearance, wearing uniform to an acceptable standard.
- Perform any other duties suitable to position as required.
- Act as an ambassador for our B Corp values - make all decisions with our social and environmental impact in mind and look for opportunities, no matter how small, to use our business as a force for good.
Skills and Experience:
- The ability to start work early in the morning, from 4.30am Mon - Fri.
- Full European category “B” driving license.
- Mature and professional driving skills.
- Basic vehicle maintenance skills at driver level.
- Experience making multi drop deliveries would be great, but this is not essential as full training will be provided.
- Excellent interpersonal skills relating to colleagues, customers, and the public.
- Experience in customer service.
- An interest in Organics and a proactive attitude towards the care of our environment.
If you are interested in this position, then please visit our company website for more details and to apply online: (https://www.abelandcole.co.uk/news/careers). You will be asked to submit a copy of your most up to date CV and a cover letter.
Abel & Cole promotes equal opportunities for all employees. We want our employees to feel they can be themselves at work and develop their talents to the full. Members of staff are expected to take personal responsibility for keeping our workplace free from discrimination, harassment, and bullying - a place where everyone is treated fairly and respectfully.
To support Abel & Cole’s commitment to inclusion and diversity, we ask that you remove all personal details from your CV. This includes removal of home address, D.O.B and place of education.