You will be someone who is passionate about the arts for social change, has insight and experience to offer us, and is also prepared to underpin the organisation with others, as we navigate the successes and challenges of post-COVID operation.
We are poised to reach hundreds more young people who really need us, including to expand into East London. We want to work with those who would like to be a part of developing a strong and enduring grassroots organisation, to help us fulfil our purpose and vision by providing sound governance and helping us to look towards a bright future.
We are looking for individuals who:
- Have experience of working with or alongside small community organisations, and can bring new insight and knowledge to the way we work.
- Could give us insight into diversifying our funding streams
- Have a strong interest in the arts and/or mental health, or
- Are well established practitioners in professional theatre and can open up this world to our young people, staff and volunteers.
- As well as, being interested in giving back to the charity sector, and developing competencies in Trusteeship.
- Can spare a few hours per month, and are willing to set out to be in the role for 18 months.
- We welcome any area of expertise and are specifically looking to recruit people with finance, fundraising, legal, HR expertise with experience in the corporate sector
Theatre Troupe is committed to equal opportunities in employment, alongside all aspects of our practice and organisation. We welcome applications from everyone and actively encourage applications from individuals with a variety of different experiences and from different
backgrounds. We are committed to making meetings accessible for all Trustees.
Board meetings currently take place approximately every 6-8 weeks via an online platform. In person meetings are likely to take place in South or Central London. You do not need to reside in London to apply.
If you would like to have an initial informal conversation with one of our Executives or Trustees before applying for this role or have any other access requirements please email us at email@example.com with your contact details and to request an information pack.
Interested? Apply for this role by submitting your CV, or write us a letter (no longer than one side of A4) telling us what you might bring to the Board, what motivates and inspires you and why you think championing our Charity is an exciting prospect. If a short video or voice note is more suitable for you then we will happily accept these.
The closing date for applications is 1 November 2022 with a selection and decision for interview week commencing 7 November. We aim to hold interviews week commencing 14 November 2022. We’ll confirm dates with individual applicants at this stage.