Now more than ever, people want every experience to be instant and on-demand. And when it comes to getting paid, people want their cash yesterday. But every year organisations waste time, money, and energy sending more than $20 Trillion in payouts to individuals using cash, checks, credit, debit, prepaid, and gift cards! Held back by the legacy banking systems, crushed by the costs and complexity of credit cards there is this monster industry still lingering in the digital dark ages.
At WeGift we’re changing all that. We’ve built our proprietary payment rails that enable any organisation to send money to any individual, anywhere, instantly. No bank account required. No insane interchange fees. We even get up to 25% in commissions from retailers for driving sales which we pass on to our customers. It’s discounted money! We’re throwing away the old model, and transforming how we move and use money forever.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You can read more about our team here - Diversity & Inclusion
Please note: This role is a 12 month FTC
Team Description Our finance team is the backbone of WeGift. From managing the financial health with our 1300+ brand partners, to business partnering with every other department, we keep our finger on the pulse across everything.
We value transparency so before we get started, here’s some things you should know about the role
- This is not your typical 9-6 role. We’re a high growth, ambitious start up and so while we focus on outcomes over hours worked, please know there's a need for flexibility in busy periods such as month ends and project milestones
- This goes two ways of course. If you need to leave early for a personal appointment and your tasks are under control, it's no issue with us!
- In a start-up, things often change last minute. It’s important these situations don’t frustrate you and you thrive with unknowns, with a focus on delivery
- We are a small and supportive team, and do our best work when everyone rolls up their sleeves to cover each other. This may be anything from setting up payments, speaking with customers or managing office address changes
If this excites you, then read on!
You’re excited by
- Owning the end to end Accounts Payable processes across multiple entities, currencies, efficiently and accurately processing >500 invoices weekly
- Building supplier relationships through accurate reconciliation of supplier invoices and resolution of queries.
- Completing multiple bank reconciliations on a timely and accurate basis, between daily and weekly cadence. This includes booking the accounting entries.
- Support an efficient month end close by keeping clean Accounts Payable and cash accounting timelines
- Continuously improving our controls environment and ensure we set up best-in-class policies and procedures; be prepared for the next financial audit
- Proactively identifying opportunities and implement improvements to processes so we can scale with company growth.
- Helping the finance and operations team with a wide variety of tasks and projects
We’re excited by
- Someone who can co-ordinate effectively with the greater team on priorities and workload coverage, and then autonomously take their own tasks to completion
- Agile fast learner who can handle the curveballs that working in a start-up brings
- Consistently meets deadlines with high accuracy
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills, whether it’s internal with the team or external with our suppliers
- Loves data and has intermediate level excel skills, including pivot tables and Vlookup
- Willing to support the greater finance and operations team across multiple areas so we can achieve our goals together
- Private Medical Health Insurance with Bupa.
- A minimum of 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- All permanent employees receive extra days off to help boost their well-being when they need it.
- Participation in the Employee Options pool giving you ownership in WeGift and participation in the upside.
- Pension scheme (3% contribution)
- We have a hybrid structure to allow flexibility between home and office based working. You will therefore be expected to be in our London office (145 City Road, nr Old Street) a set number of a minimum of 4 days a month (2 fixed days and 2 flex days)
- Generous maternity and paternity packages to make sure you get to spend time with your new bundle of joy.
- £1,000 annual L&D allowance to invest in mastering your craft, including accredited studies.
- Cycle to work scheme - save some £££ on buying a bike.
- Regular virtual team socials.
- Workplace Nursery benefit, where WeGift makes a contribution to your child's nursery for equipment, training, redecoration or anything else
- WeRecognise, where we shine the spotlight on exceptional employees every quarter who in turn get a £200 award in the eGift card of their choice.
- Staff perks with WeGift brands - discounts of up to 12% on coffee, weekly groceries, holidays, the list is endless.
Take a look under the hood of life at WeGift from our employees perspective. This handbook built using Notion.so is what we use to navigate both the serene and choppy waters when needed. You might need to copy and paste the following link into your browser as job boards don't allow us to add hyperlinks - https://bit.ly/2PluGyG