We are a finance business that thinks and acts differently. Lendable is all about using technology to make personal finance simpler and faster. What makes us unusual?
Unlike the Big Banks, we serve our customers, not the other way around. As a result, our customers love us, with an average rating of 4.9*/5 across tens of thousands of reviews (Trustpilot). No other finance company even comes close.
What’s our secret?
We get money out to borrowers in minutes instead of days. In just over half a decade, we’ve served hundreds of thousands of customers across the UK - not bad for a newcomer in an industry dominated by the four high street banks.
- Our business has been profitable since 2017 - a rarity in the fintech space - and we’re one of Europe’s fastest-growing unicorns.
- We’re backed by top investors including Balderton Capital and Goldman Sachs.
- Our founders still run the company. We’re small enough that you get things done by talking to people.
You need to get a kick out of working in a fast-paced, solutions-oriented environment. Finding the problem is half the battle, coming up with the solution is the prize.
The customer-facing side of the business is central to what we do. We care about each and every one of our borrowers. Their delight is our success. Your interactions with them inform how we grow our business. You’re not a cog in the machine: you’re a source of information on how we can get better.
You will join a growing team where your day-to-day is dynamic and employee input into operations is valued. Joining the customer-facing side of the business is a really important task - happy customers are a vital part of our success!
You will be interacting with new and existing customers on a daily basis, ensuring they enjoy a seamless and great experience. Problem-solving, keeping a calm head, and having a ‘can-do’, friendly attitude are essential.
- You are an excellent communicator, and you really enjoy speaking with our customers. Your day-to-day will include regular contact over the phone, by email, and via live chat. Your conversations will often be challenging, working with our customers who are having payment difficulties to help get them back on track with their payments.
- You are resilient. You’ll show sensitivity and courage to help find the best solutions for our customers who are struggling.
- You enjoy problem-solving and thinking creatively and independently. We are a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. There is often a lot of working it out as you go, multitasking, and working out how things can be done better.
- You love having fun. We work very hard, so laughter every day is key.
* It's a massive plus for us if you have collections experience.
What makes the Lendi ops team different
Lendi-ops is a bunch of brilliant and eclectic people, with different interests and superpowers thrown into the mix. We love learning and having fun whilst doing so. It’s not about fitting into the existing mould, but each and every person being a part of creating something brilliant, that we can all be proud of.
The mutual trust and respect within Lendi-ops creates an environment to thrive, grow and explore your talents and interests. Working independently and as a team, thinking autonomously, helping us shape our existing and new products to be the best. Learning from each other and trying new things without worrying about getting it wrong. And a ton of laughter. That’s where the magic is created.
Alongside the customer-facing part of the role, you can develop into becoming an area expert in various other operations functions. This can take you into leadership, creative or tech-focused roles within the team, or perhaps you’re interested in learning it all and becoming a generalist. OR - perhaps there’s an area that doesn’t exist yet that you could start up - we’d love to hear your ideas!
It’s an exciting time at Lendi-HQ. We’re experiencing huge growth in our existing lending product, and have recently brought two new products to market, and we have plans to launch in the US next year! Join our growing operations team to have the opportunity to develop your skills across multi-product (and multi-continent!) and other operations functions. And have lots of fun along the way, with wonderful people.
Life at Lendable (also check out our Glassdoor page)
- The opportunity to scale up one of the world’s most successful fintech companies.
- Best-in-class compensation including equity.
- You can work from home every Monday and Friday if you wish - on the other days we all come together IRL to be together, build and exchange ideas.
- Our in-house chef prepares fresh, healthy lunches in the office every Tuesday-Thursday.
- We organise an annual trip with the whole company, to celebrate our milestones and reflect on our achievements.
- We're an equal-opportunity employer and are looking to make Lendable the most inclusive and open workspace in London