Please note only applications with a cover letter tailored to this specific role at Ooni will be considered.
A Little About Ooni
We’re very hot. Specifically, 500°C hot. That’s the perfect temperature to cook world-class pizza in sixty seconds, a mark all Ooni ovens can achieve in about 15 minutes. When we launched in 2012, we created a category by offering a small, fast, and accessible wood-fired pizza ovens that gave ordinary people the critical tool to make great pizza at home.
Now we’re on fire. Exponential growth, global distribution, an ever-expanding product portfolio that goes well beyond ovens, and a growing community of Ooni-lovers around the world who sing our praises and treat their friends and family to epic pizza. We’re at that perfect stage of growth, where we’re still small enough for you to make a major difference, while big enough to have resources to do amazing things.
About the Role
Ooni is on the search for a VP of Sales to head up our DACH and Benelux team and help us dominate the pizza oven market across this region. We're growing in this market, but there's still so much to do and that's where YOU come in. Whether it's developing and owning sales plans for further growth, growing and leading the team or talking pizza at a trade show, this is a hugely exciting role where ambition, dynamism and passion are key. If you’re a pizza-loving expert in all things sales, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Identify, secure and develop trusted and authentic business relationships with top tier retailers.
- Support and grow regional sales team with positivity and focus on company goals.
- Develop and own regional sales plans, optimising new and existing retail relationships.
- Work collaboratively with clients at the most senior level. Build out annual growth plans to drive sales and brand awareness.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the market, retailer’s sales strategies and what it takes to be a ‘brand-building’ partner for Ooni. It will be important to have a vast knowledge of our clients and partners within this region.
- Negotiate favourable terms, marketing plans and retail space, with ultimate responsibility for the profitability of your accounts and region.
- Own and drive forecasting, planning and stock management in collaboration with clients and internal teams.
- Closely monitor client sell-through, using this information to make strategic decisions to help develop client accounts and markets.
- Develop positive and productive working relationships with internal teams (operations, finance, marketing) to ensure client’s receive a world-class service from team Ooni.
- Develop positive and collaborative working relationships with VP peers globally.
- Ooni is growing at hyperspeed which will mean the needs of the company are always evolving and successful employees will help that through innovation, problem solving, and seeing what is coming. Your ability to be flexible, adaptable and proactive will be critical to our success.
Apply if you:
- Have 10 or more years of sales / leadership experience. Consumer goods B2B sales experience/knowledge preferred.
- Are adaptable, agile, and are comfortable navigating through ambiguity. Everyday you’ll be confronted with something new…. And often, exciting!
- Thrive on challenges, especially where the solution is not immediately obvious.
- A demonstrated ability to achieve strategic sales targets.
- A strong understanding of the retail landscape in your region and the ability to secure new business.
- Are action-oriented, extremely organized and can manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Comfortable with presentations / product demonstrations.
- The ability to build positive authentic working relationships, both internally and externally.
- Experience of tracking demand planning, projections and retail partner sell-through.
- The ability to understand and develop existing distribution and channel strategies.
- A willingness to travel across the region when required
- A consistent positive, can-do, growth mindset.
- An authentic passion for pizza and outdoor cooking is key.
- Go to YouTube and search “We are Ooni”. That wee video pretty much says it all.
The quick version is:
- We make epic pizza ovens that cook awesome pizza in 60 seconds and start from only €299.
- We’ve a pretty cool regional office in Bonn, Germany with a small team of amazing people. We’re now up to 300+ in the whole team. This was 100 this time last year and only 50 the year before that. And they are all AWESOME - our culture is core to our whole reason for being.
- These are our values: Passion, Rigour, Innovation, Ambition and Kindness. We really do live by them and demand them in everything we do. It ain’t just corporate mumbo jumbo to us. See how they’re capitalised to show how important they are?
- Salary in line with experience
- €550 Passion Fund every year to spend on your passion – whatever that may be.
- €1200 to spend on Ooni products each year, plus 50% discount on all other Ooni stuff
- 38 days paid holiday per year (27 + 11 flexible public holidays)
- Great pizza every single day if you want it. Yep. Every single day. And we’ll teach you to become a pizza pro
- Pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, weekly yoga classes (NamastYAY!).
- Raising money for charity – we’re all about giving back… and having lots of fun in the process!
If you like what you see, send in your CV with a cover letter (in English) to tell us why you want to come on board. We really love personalised letters so please don’t forget that bit.
Having a fantastic culture is really important to all of us at Ooni. We work hard to make it diverse and inclusive, and want everyone to have access to the same opportunities. If you would like this advert in a different format or need an alternative method of applying, please let us know. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org