Our pricing team combines the entrepreneurial benefits of a new function with the knowledge and backing of an established, international company. We are hiring a Manager/Senior Manager to help grow our pricing practice as we scale to meet client demand.
CIL is a consulting firm with a market-leading position within our niche. Most of our engagements involve an M&A element, primarily to advise private equity firms who are looking to invest in high growth businesses in the UK, Europe, and the US. We also provide strategy consulting to a variety of companies, from global blue chips to successful smaller businesses. We work across a wide range of sectors, including healthcare, IT, financial services, media, industrials, leisure, business services. Visit https://cil.com/insights for more information on the kinds of problems we help solve for our clients.
Following strong demand from our clients for growth strategy support, we are expanding our pricing capabilities. This is an exciting opportunity to join our Pricing Director in growing a key part of our value creation offering.
CIL is looking for an exceptional person to join our team as a Manager/Senior Manager. If hired, you will manage workstreams, teams and projects of all shapes and sizes. You will be expected to take significant responsibility from an early stage, being the second most senior person in a growing practice. The Manager/Senior Manager role has four key components:
- Being an experienced project manager, running complex projects through leading and conducting detailed, rigorous analysis and helping your team overcome any roadblocks. The Manager will design the project framework and plan and execute the timeline of project development. You will also be expected to provide strategic advice to clients who routinely demand the highest standards. We believe our deliverable is a business result for the client, not a report. This means that you will coach and influence client stakeholders to understand and commit to our recommendations. CIL’s pricing work covers two main areas. You will gain exposure to both:
- Pricing strategy – designing and conducting research programmes to uncover customer and competitor insights, which we use to optimise price positioning, develop new revenue models, and improve client value propositions.
- Transaction pricing – analysing client data to identify where improved price control can bring rapid, measurable value to clients.
- Mentoring and developing junior team members as part of your role as a career manager. Career managers hold regular informal catch ups with their reports, as well as conducting twice yearly reviews and additional meetings when required. We have a strong culture of career management at CIL and taking this seriously is one of the things that makes us so supportive.
- Contributing to business development opportunities. Managers play a key role in formal pitches and are also given the autonomy to develop and grow their own professional networks through ad-hoc marketing meetings and events.
- Supporting CIL’s internal operations – we are an entrepreneurial organisation, allowing you to support programmes in different internal functions (e.g. marketing, recruitment, training etc.) and get first-hand experience of how businesses really work.
What CIL people are like:
We have a team of ~200 highly qualified, skilled people across five offices – London, Frome, Chicago, Munich and Paris. Successful CIL people share some key attributes:
- Strong academic background (we are degree agnostic) from a world class university
- Intellectual horsepower and curiosity for solving business problems
- Motivation and ambition, able to stand on their own two feet
- Strong team working and people skills
- Outstanding numeracy, written and verbal communication skills
- Humility and quiet self-confidence – we are not an ‘alpha’ environment
- A keen sense of humour and broad shoulders
Your background will likely include roles at one or more of the following types of organisations with roughly 4-8 years combined experience:
- Specialist pricing consultancy
- Strategy consultancy (with experience in pricing and growth strategy)
- Strategic marketing and pricing roles within corporates
Specific requirements of applicants:
- Managerial-level experience at a relevant organisation with some experience of managing teams of 2-5 people, carrying out qualitative and quantitative analysis and engaging with clients / external stakeholders.
- Experience of delivering value creation through pricing.
- Some experience of going the extra-mile to help others. We like candidates to exhibit our core values – supportiveness, integrity and excellence.
- Excellent numeracy and completely fluent written and spoken English – other languages an advantage.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. CIL commits to creating and maintaining a culture where every employee feels included and respected; to countering discrimination through our recruitment and training processes and our interaction with other stakeholders; and to celebrating the diverse contributions of all our employees and stakeholders.