An exciting position has been created for an ambitious and impact driven professional to work for a fast-moving business committed to sustainability and a net zero future.
We see a world where we all contribute to a thriving planet and together, we are a collective force for good. Planet Mark is a sustainability certification which recognises outstanding achievements, encourages action, and builds an empowered community of like-minded individuals.
We work with businesses to rigorously measure their carbon footprint and social value, engage their staff and supply chain to unlock their knowledge and drive passion for change, and communicate their progress to build a positive brand. We help businesses put purpose at the heart of their organisation that brings social, environmental, and economic considerations together.
The culture at Planet Mark thrives on the contributions of our people, who have a shared purpose to help combat the climate crisis and drive positive change. We have an inclusive and respectful culture, where we value our differences. We believe bringing your whole self to work allows our people to perform to the best of their ability and release their potential. This is more than a job, working at Planet Mark allows our team to make a real difference whilst doing a role they love and keeping their work-life balance in check with our standard nine day working fortnight at full time pay.
We are looking for a Senior Sustainability Consultant to assist our growing certification team. You will be working with customers of all sizes, from SMEs to large corporates, delivering carbon footprint analyses and verifications, SECR submissions and scope 3 screening to support our industry leading Net Zero Programme.
The ideal candidate will be positive, enthusiastic, have a high attention to detail and a passion for numbers, sustainability, and excellent customer relationship skills.
– Project manage and deliver sustainability consulting that is primarily data and footprint based, including scope 3 screening (extended categories e.g. cat 1 and cat 15), SECR, sustainability engagement, research and policy and Net-Zero Carbon planning
– Consider and improve processes in collaboration with the head of certification and the team
– Conduct verifications of GHG assessments completed by third-party analysts to ensure quality
– Undertaking non-financial reporting in terms of Social Value analysis.
– Assist in the preparation of tenders for advisory services
– Manage and mentor junior members of the team
– Attend customer meetings to discuss progress and outputs for projects
– Create and win proposals for new advisory work
Required Skills & Experience:
– At least 3 years’ experience in carbon footprint accounting and knowledge of greenhouse gas reporting and standards e.g. GHG Protocol, ISO 14064
– Demonstrated experience in scope 3 screening (cat 1 to cat 15)
– Experience in audit/verifications of corporate carbon footprints using a variety of standards, including ideally ISO 14064-3
– Previous experience in preparing and winning proposals and projects for sustainability consulting
– Industry qualification (e.g. IEMA)
– Demonstrable work experience within corporate sustainability and environmental management services
– Strong mathematical and analytical background
Negotiable and depending on experience.
At Planet Mark, we support a healthy work-life balance by all staff working a nine-day fortnight. Our hours are 9am – 6pm Monday to Friday with every other Friday off.
Working from home four days per week with team office days (currently Wednesdays) in London. If you are not within commutable distance to London, you will need to be able to travel into the London office once per quarter for strategy and team days.
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV and a cover letter that explicitly addresses why you believe your skills and previous experience matches this job role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
The diversity of our talents, ideas and experiences is our true strength. The Planet Mark foster an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued and have the opportunity to reach their full potential. We want all our employees to feel valued and appreciated for who they are, where they come from, and what they have achieved. Part of this commitment is being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, and age.