Workshop is the private single family office, and investment vehicle of a software founder and his other half, also a founder.
Our lives are very much an assimilation of work and home, and we are looking for a Chief of Staff to work with us as we continue to grow our businesses and enjoy and enhance our time outside the office, too.
Over time, this role will likely become full time and be instrumental in building out a full family office. For the time being, it will cover:
- Full project management of a house renovation in Devon. This will likely flex up to include support managing our small estate (property + 23 acres), once the renovation work is underway. It will include end-to-end liaison with and PMing of architects, designers, land agents and building contractors, among others.
- Support across life admin for both people – including arranging meetings, helping with orders and making appointments; and more worthwhile things like organising meals with friends and family, and holiday planning.
- Helping with fund administration and investments in a growing portfolio of startups and ventures (10+ companies).
- Liaising with external advisors across banking, tax and financial planning.
Possible future responsibilities
- Management of both the Devon property and a growing portfolio of properties (likely US/UK).
- Continued “life admin” management, including, financial, legal and medical, and support our family members in similar ways, as needed.
- Working with us to found a family office, and playing a key role in that enterprise. This will include honing and developing acute expertise in both the tech markets and finance, and building out a team to spearhead this.
There is no expectation of who this person will be or their background. You might have or identify with some or many of the following, but we’d like to hear from you if you feel you have something to bring to the role regardless:
- 2-5 years experience in an operational, project management or EA role
- A proven track record of delivering complex projects, and enjoying it
- Highly personable, and comfortable working with a wide range of people
- Entrepreneurial, ideally with a passion for and knowledge of the tech space
- An interest in finance and investment; this will form the cornerstone of a full-time role in the future.
- A demonstrative creative streak
- An ambition to build a successful and varied career
Location: Remote, but ideally UK-based with the ability to travel to Devon and, preferably, London too. We also spend a significant amount of time in the US, so some flexibility on time zones will be needed.